World's largest Ouija Board

While I understand that historical aspect, just calling attention to the darned thing may make people want to go out and get a personal one. Ah, well, free will prevails, and we can only hope for the best.

Reactions: Lynne and Fizz
As I said, I agree they should not be in kids hands and my personal belief is nobody should use them. It's honestly like handing a running chain saw to a child. As the meme goes, you have to be 21 to drink but you can summon a demon at 8 with one of these things. Like any other tool out there, you need to understand it's not the tool, it's the person wielding it.

I'm gonna merge this with the thread from earlier today on this.
Great minds find the good stuff together! lol

Reactions: garnetsilver
I just looked up who makes and sells them and it’s Hasbro. The same company that sells Nerf, easy bake oven, Candyland and Clue. They now make a Ouija board in pink! Because, every little girl needs to summon a demon after making cookies in her easy bake oven... How’s that marketing for you? Seriously, this is so wrong.

I just looked up who makes and sells them and it’s Hasbro. The same company that sells Nerf, easy bake oven, Candyland and Clue. They now make a Ouija board in pink! Because, every little girl needs to summon a demon after making cookies in her easy bake oven... How’s that marketing for you? Seriously, this is so wrong.
Yes, I keep close watch on this. The pink came out awhile ago. My rant about Ouija is posted here. ;)

OK, every Halloween I post this, and it's a part of the Help guidelines for activity here.

OUIJA BOARDS:

Here we go with my mantra. THESE ARE TOOLS, NOT TOYS! DO NOT TOUCH THEM UNLESS YOU HAVE HAD PROPER TRAINING! AND I DON'T MEAN YOUR AUNT FRANNIE TELLING YOU HOW TO USE THEM!

Why am I adamant about this? Because the majority of activity reported here began with a Ouija board at some point. Yes, they open doorways and portals, but not because they are a Ouija Board. Spirit boards, makeshift boards on tables, drinking glasses for planchettes....they all have the same problems. And that is because of what you are doing when you use these items as toys or even as tools if you are untrained.

First, if you do the usual and just ask "Who's here? Speak to me!" it's the equivilant of you opening up your front door in a dicey neighborhood and letting anyone walk into your home. Proper protections, prayers, intentions and prep should be done before using it at all. I am well trained and will not use one. Why?

Because in order for a spirit or entity to make that planchette move, it has to influence you. It has to be allowed to move your hands, influence your mind, and basically use you as a puppet. And that's where trouble begins.

Remember, we truly don't know exactly what these entities are. We assume many things about what we perceive as paranormal. We have no definitive proof of what we are actually dealing with. We use history, religion, and past experiences to deal with it. We know some things work to stop activity. We don't actually know for sure why it does.

Here's an interesting piece of info I found on wiki about it.

In 1901, an employee of Bond's named William Fuld had taken over the Ouija business. Some say that he even rewrote the board's history, claiming that he had invented it, but upon closer inspection, there is no evidence that he ever made such statements. In 1919, Col. Washington Bowie, the final shareholder (at this point Bond and Kennard had already gotten out) sold his remaining shares in the company to Fuld for $1, making him the sole owner of the Ouija empire. Fuld's name would become deeply intertwined with the Ouija board, and he would sue many companies over the name and concept—right up until his tragic death in 1927, when he fell from the roof of a new factory—a factory that a Ouija board had supposedly told him to build.

Here's an interesting piece of info I found on wiki about it.

In 1901, an employee of Bond's named William Fuld had taken over the Ouija business. Some say that he even rewrote the board's history, claiming that he had invented it, but upon closer inspection, there is no evidence that he ever made such statements. In 1919, Col. Washington Bowie, the final shareholder (at this point Bond and Kennard had already gotten out) sold his remaining shares in the company to Fuld for $1, making him the sole owner of the Ouija empire. Fuld's name would become deeply intertwined with the Ouija board, and he would sue many companies over the name and concept—right up until his tragic death in 1927, when he fell from the roof of a new factory—a factory that a Ouija board had supposedly told him to build.
Whoa! That's terrible.