Will you grow a garden this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup...they sprayed the back field every year with the stuff when I was young....and then two days later we'd go out and play in same field. I was also heavily exposed to something called Seven (?) back then. They finally outlawed that, too.

Yeah, we used Sevin dust in our garden. I was exposed to lots of that stuff because it was my job each year to dust particular rows of plants. That and Malthion, which we mixed with water and sprayed. But it would be difficult to grow a garden in the south given the pests we have. Although I have used soapy water to combat some insects. But it won't work on fruit trees. If you don't spray your fruit trees at the right times, you better like a little meat with your fruit. LOL. Worms love em too.

Yeah, we used Sevin dust in our garden. I was exposed to lots of that stuff because it was my job each year to dust particular rows of plants. That and Malthion, which we mixed with water and sprayed. But it would be difficult to grow a garden in the south given the pests we have. Although I have used soapy water to combat some insects. But it won't work on fruit trees. If you don't spray your fruit trees at the right times, you better like a little meat with your fruit. LOL. Worms love em too.
Add a little cayane pepper or hot sauce in with the soapy water for garden. Works pretty well for us.

Reactions: Naked Apple
Add a little cayane pepper or hot sauce in with the soapy water for garden. Works pretty well for us.
That's a good idea... I'll give it a try.

I'm thinking seriously about trying my hand at mound gardening with a few things. I had an uncle who used that method quite a bit, and I can remember digging potatoes out of one of those thngs for what seemed like forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.