Who is/was your hero?

I would go with my parents for this one. Despite my rocky relationship with my dad in my youth, he did what he could to keep things rolling. When a problem reered it's head, he learned how to fix it. My mom was no different. They skrimped and saved and worked as much as they could to keep our family afloat. I learned my work ethic through them.

dang it...Mr Rogers got bumped again. My grandad, my mom's dad, Loren Stover . A damn good man. We used to sing Yellow Bird (up high in banana tree) together when I was about 5 until he died at 90. Why do they all have to die? dammit. I don't mind going at all, but losing the ones you love in physical form totally SUXs

My Grandad had a beautiful singing voice, he loved listening to the Mills Bros and Dean Martin. I read that Dean considered the Mills Bros his inspiration. Kids these days have no idea what real cool looks like. Check out these guys...

you can hear them in Dean's voice. Look how happy he is singing with them. :<3 Even their body movements are in synch.:<3 These are men who were completely comfortable in their skin.

ok, I'll stop hijacking the thread...but first....a great song for a sunday. can't help but smile Dean Martin & The Mills Brothers - Paper Doll

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
My dad. He saved my life when I was a kid. I had strayed too far into the deep end of the pool and before I knew it, down I went. I was waving my arms above the surface and as soon as I felt I was about ready to take my final breath, he pulled me out. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be here.

My dad. He saved my life when I was a kid. I had strayed too far into the deep end of the pool and before I knew it, down I went. I was waving my arms above the surface and as soon as I felt I was about ready to take my final breath, he pulled me out. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be here.
that'll leave an impression!

dang it...Mr Rogers got bumped again. My grandad, my mom's dad, Loren Stover . A damn good man. We used to sing Yellow Bird (up high in banana tree) together when I was about 5 until he died at 90. Why do they all have to die? dammit. I don't mind going at all, but losing the ones you love in physical form totally SUXs
I am convinced life is a succession of losses from birth to death, it is a lesson in dealing with it. It does suck and I hate it. We are stuck here for the moment, and I am trying to cope too. You and I are now at the age where we are taking the master class before graduation.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
I am convinced life is a succession of losses from birth to death, it is a lesson in dealing with it. It does suck and I hate it. We are stuck here for the moment, and I am trying to cope too. You and I are now at the age where we are taking the master class before graduation.
ooohhhhh...Lynne....wise words for a monday morning...
I will never forget that comment

Reactions: Debi and Lynne