Who is it?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Who is/was that one person in your life you lost touch with but wish you had kept in contact? Former GF/BF? School friend? Coworker? Neighbor?

Don't name names, but tell us who and why.

(Thanks to Duke for today's question. Have one you'd like to submit for Question of the Day? Contact Debi!)​

Last edited:
A girl I met at Girl Scout camp, when I was eleven. We bonded right away, and became best friends over the summer. We corresponded until we were both fifteen, then for some reason lost touch. I think about her sometimes, and wonder how she is!

I could name several, but two stand out. The first is my high school, college prep chemistry teacher. He was the most difficult teacher I had had up to that point, he both expected and demanded hard work and excellence in his class. He taught us ways of reading/setting up/working problems that I use to this day, and certainly would not have passed engineering school without his approach. Great guy. Unfortunately he has a somewhat unique name and trying to reconnect with him has proven unsuccessful.

The second was an aero engineering classmate. We were really tight during school, but he joined the USAF and became a pilot and we lost track after a few years. A couple years ago I decided to try to find him, and discovered he was a pilot for American Airlines. When I tried to contact him early this year, I found out he had passed away. Sadly I waited too long.

An Italian guy I dated on a film set in Moscow. He spoke very little English. He would call me in my hotel room and ask if I wanted "a cappuccino" ..... we both knew what that meant...:tonguewink:...I never said no !

A South African actor I had a huge crush on when I did a film in Zimbabwe. When I came to his room to say goodbye he answered the door in only a towel..a small towel ...all 6 foot 2 of him......I nearly passed out