Who are you listening to?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
We have several LIVE radio shows happening out there at night now. (We are not including podcasts in this discussion.) The top ones seem to be Coast to Coast, Midnight in the Desert with Dave Schrader, Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis, and Jimmy Church Fade to Black.

Which shows are you listening to on a regular basis? Any of the hosts stand out for you? Any of the hosts you avoid? With the guest hosts on C2C, who do you like and who do you avoid?

Just one thng I want to note....if Noory keeps using bumper music from the 50's like Perry Como and Frank Sinatra I'll continue to turn him off. Just saying.

And what's happening on bumper music now on MITD?

Reactions: Paintman
For the most part, I listen to radio shows for the guest. A good guest will draw me even if the host is a dud. I will say I'm glad Ian Punnett is back on C2C, I really enjoy his interviewing style, and it's apparent he does show prep regardless of the guest/topic. Noory and the rest of his rent-a-hosts I don't particularly like, although George Knapp does really good true crime shows. His shows on organized crime, especially in old Vegas, are well done and informative.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
I'm with Duke. The choice is guest driven, and in the case of Clyde it depends on the topic. I think Clyde's monologues are some of the best in the business. But sometimes when he tries to 'connect the dots' his conjecture strains credulity. The PNF gang turned me on to Jimmy Church and he does his homework. Same with Darkness Dave. But Dave reminds me of a Slugger. He's going to strike out or he's going to hit a homerun.
C2C has been really good this summer. They are bringing in new guests and mixing up the topics better. George is George, and I accept him for who he is. He is likeable and dependable and is capable of doing a great show. But man oh man when he phones it in it's a train wreck. But I have to hand it to him that he really took the high road when Art died and the soap opera started.
However I refuse to listen to Coast to Coast when they have Doctor Wallet and his health supplement infomercials. I destain his frequent caller from La Jolla. ( When I hear that dopes fawning voice it makes me go crazy like Curly from The Three Stooges when somebody mentions Niagara Falls.):mad: And don't get me started on Seth Shotek. That man has been a guest for 15 years and has said nothing.
But when it comes to bumper music Coast to Coast wins. Keep in mind that I stopped listening to new music in 1989.:)
Off-topic - but I really enjoy Justin and the other podcasters.
That's just my two cents. Add 98 pennies and you can buy a cup of coffee.;)

Reactions: Debi
I'm trying to dial in Art Bell. I mean what an amazing show that would be if Art still did interview shows in the afterlife!

Reactions: 7Critter
Interviewing Art about the afterlife? You will get a lot of listeners when you do that show.

We have several LIVE radio shows happening out there at night now. (We are not including podcasts in this discussion.) The top ones seem to be Coast to Coast, Midnight in the Desert with Dave Schrader, Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis, and Jimmy Church Fade to Black.

Which shows are you listening to on a regular basis? Any of the hosts stand out for you? Any of the hosts you avoid? With the guest hosts on C2C, who do you like and who do you avoid?

Ground Zero w/Clyde Lewis. C2C don't mind Jimmy Church-but HATE his Fade to Black. GEORGE Knapp is ok. Use to like Ian P. But no longer.

I'm trying to dial in Art Bell. I mean what an amazing show that would be if Art still did interview shows in the afterlife!
Art tells me that he has been trying to contact you. Keep your ears open. :) He says listen for " You wanna take a ride "

Returning to this, I am not listening to any current podcast or radio show outside of when I'm driving and then I tune into NPR.

I do not listen to C2C much anymore except on the weekends. When I do, its Jimmy Church and George Knapp. I do listen to GroundZero, fade to black with Jimmy Church. I do not listen to Heather Wade from the kingdom of nye, unless I'm going to do a prank call. That is always fun and easy to do. Michael has heard my last prank call on her show.