Where were you....

I figured that maybe a private plane flying over the city had clipped the tower and crashed
That was the initial speculation. When the second plane hit, we all knew that something terrible was happening.

I was on the phone with a work colleague when a plane hit the Pentagon. His office was close to the Pentagon and was fearful that more was to come. My Navy office quickly contacted some of my work colleagues who had second offices in the Pentagon to ensure that all were safe. It was a scary time.

911 is a Generational marker point that for those of us alive now and probably for another generation or two will have only one meaning. nine-one-one is one thing but nine-eleven for us will always be the day that the towers went down. For my parent's generation and even into mine, it was December 7th. To them and my generation, December 7th was the day we went to war when Japan hit Pearl Harbor. In between was the assassination of JFK. Days that everyone remembers in detail and also remembers what they were doing and where they were.