When people...

I like how you make the distinction of “what they think are” :D

Well that is an important distinction to make. There are a number of things I check before considering something as paranormal.

After initially reading your comment, I got the impression that you know what I’m talking about...but still I’m curious to know what type of false positives you had in mind...would you like to share some examples?

Well that is an important distinction to make. There are a number of things I check before considering something as paranormal.

After initially reading your comment, I got the impression that you know what I’m talking about...but still I’m curious to know what type of false positives you had in mind...would you like to share some examples?
One was someone freaking out about “a spirit of witchcraft” in their house. Mental illness. I searched the place for any hint of magic. No suspicious items, books, sigils, etc. And no bad vibes.

Also there’s a chance that she was trying to manipulate me. After all this was the chick that had ashleh and I in her little cult. That’s another thing about helping others. They think that because you’re into the paranormal, you’ll “believe anything” and that you’re easy to take advantage of.

That sounds both ominous and nefarious Armand. Maybe you can turn that into a personal motto kind of like “...you can’t handle the truth!”
Well, people tend to take advantage of you when they know you need your job and because of this, you are strange to them.. meaning I give 100% at work while most give what they can but not leave their comfort zone and when a job is posted that pays a higher salary I won't get it because my stupervisor (that isn't a typo) won't sign the release forms to let me leave the department while the 50%'rs pull out the race card and get what they want and then their 50% turns into 20 on a good day because their comfort zone has now shrunk.

Sorry for the rant but I am a slave to my job and if anyone that doesn't work with me come knocking I am too busy sleeping or I am at work. I have never been to Comerica Park and I am mad but even IF i had tickets for a game something would happen to stop me from going. Repaying Karma is very hard.

The question was "what do people come to you for?" Sorry I almost forgot why I was typing. plz pray for me. :confused:

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Well, people tend to take advantage of you when they know you need your job and because of this, you are strange to them.. meaning I give 100% at work while most give what they can but not leave their comfort zone and when a job is posted that pays a higher salary I won't get it because my stupervisor (that isn't a typo) won't sign the release forms to let me leave the department while the 50%'rs pull out the race card and get what they want and then their 50% turns into 20 on a good day because their comfort zone has now shrunk.

Sorry for the rant but I am a slave to my job and if anyone that doesn't work with me come knocking I am too busy sleeping or I am at work. I have never been to Comerica Park and I am mad but even IF i had tickets for a game something would happen to stop me from going. Repaying Karma is very hard.

The question was "what do people come to you for?" Sorry I almost forgot why I was typing. plz pray for me. :confused:

I know some of what you share Armand, I understand what it feels like to be stuck and powerless. Therefore I will pray for your strength.

I know that at times when I feel powerless in one situation it has helped me to take greater control over something else to remind myself that I am still powerful in other ways. For example, in college when I was overwhelmed with life in general, I just dropped a class. I knew the repercussions could not be live threatening so I did it with little concern. But dropping that class gave me back more flexibility with my time and reduced my stress reminding me that I am in control of me.

Reactions: Paintman and Armand
One was someone freaking out about “a spirit of witchcraft” in their house. Mental illness. I searched the place for any hint of magic. No suspicious items, books, sigils, etc. And no bad vibes.

Also there’s a chance that she was trying to manipulate me. After all this was the chick that had ashleh and I in her little cult. That’s another thing about helping others. They think that because you’re into the paranormal, you’ll “believe anything” and that you’re easy to take advantage of.

Interesting. The "false positives" (not a completely accurate term here but it gets the intent across) I've encountered are more along the lines of if someone is not behaving completely in line with what the one asking for help expects, they suspect either black magic or possession - for things like kids wanting to sleep in and preferring to have fun rather than work hard, getting a job etc. or someone being anxious, stressed or depressed due to very rational reasons for such a reaction.

Interesting. The "false positives" (not a completely accurate term here but it gets the intent across) I've encountered are more along the lines of if someone is not behaving completely in line with what the one asking for help expects, they suspect either black magic or possession - for things like kids wanting to sleep in and preferring to have fun rather than work hard, getting a job etc. or someone being anxious, stressed or depressed due to very rational reasons for such a reaction.
Kinda like the story of the kid who pretended to be possessed to get out of doing homework? :D

Jk I understand. Somepeople are so quick to jump the gun that they forget that 90% of the time there’s a mundane explanation.

it varies around here, since I'm the neighborhood mom, they need a sitter, or they want to borrow camping gear or get recipes / directions on how to cook things over the open fire, other times they come to ask for prayers or advice. And sometimes they just come to hang out bc it's not unusual for me to be sitting outside at night either watching the sky or the bonfire it weather isn't an issue

Kinda like the story of the kid who pretended to be possessed to get out of doing homework? :D

Jk I understand. Somepeople are so quick to jump the gun that they forget that 90% of the time there’s a mundane explanation.

Well in these cases, the assumed possessed person would themselves find it strange that someone thinks they're possessed. In this type of case it is more their relatives (or mostly parents) making that type of assumption. I've actually told some of them that what they're worried about is simply their kids being typical kids of their respective generation.

Well in these cases, the assumed possessed person would themselves find it strange that someone thinks they're possessed. In this type of case it is more their relatives (or mostly parents) making that type of assumption. I've actually told some of them that what they're worried about is simply their kids being typical kids of their respective generation.
That’s the thing man, even since Ancient Greece, even the philosophers of that time complained how degenerated the young generations are. The fact of the matter is us young people are still a little rough around the edges. It’s just a matter of developing personality

That’s the thing man, even since Ancient Greece, even the philosophers of that time complained how degenerated the young generations are. The fact of the matter is us young people are still a little rough around the edges. It’s just a matter of developing personality

Sure, growing up I've seen the older generations have that kind of view of the younger generations. However, blaming it on (or at least the inclination to explain it as) possession is something I've only seen recently.

Reactions: Charleh