When is it too gruesome?

The first photo.....
I have TWO OPINONS....
I can certainly see myself thinking this was a GREAT display (maybe mine) in my twenties ....NOT married...NO children
I can certainly see this display as an outrage ( obviously sick individuals ) in my thirties...YES married...YES children attending the school down the street....
I guess it depends......
note: I guess in politics ...this is known as "flip flopping"....like that is a bad bad word....and somehow shows lack of conviction...Opps

Reactions: surge
ghosts , goblins , witches, mummies, ...... spooky but not real.( sorry Deb, fly around on a broom and we will talk) . To put life like bodies ,upside down on crosses, throats cut is just sick in the head.

I posted something about the halloween decoration topic at one of those libertarian/conservative sites. Gotta say I was in the minority. :( The jist of it was "If you live in a neighborhood, be a good neighbor. Be considerate of others." Minority. :(

Reactions: surge and Debi
I posted something about the halloween decoration topic at one of those libertarian/conservative sites. Gotta say I was in the minority. :( The jist of it was "If you live in a neighborhood, be a good neighbor. Be considerate of others." Minority. :(
I think there is a line between the political statements and the for fun Halloween decorating. The first one I posted IS a political statement, IMO, and too gruesome for a public display. Too reality based. But some of the other ones are just fun fantasy...even the creepy dolls one! lol

I'm a Wiccan...there's a difference between the flying ones and the actual religion....;)
wait, you mean you guys do not even get one of those funky hats?..........:)

I like what Grinch said about kids not being able to see movies with similar scenes in them. I understand the "bigger and better" mentality, but maybe the more gruesome Halloween decorations should be left to the haunted houses where people have to make the decision to see them.

There's a house down the street with cobwebs, tombstones and caskets in their front yard. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Reactions: 7Critter