When is dead really dead?

Pigs have it rough. First they are great breakfast food. Next they are accused of eating badly (like a pig). Now they are having their heads cut off to see whats going on in the pigs mind after being done in. I cant imagine what benefit will come from this. but hey what do I know. I think animals have souls and peeps think Im nuts.

Pigs have it rough. First they are great breakfast food. Next they are accused of eating badly (like a pig). Now they are having their heads cut off to see whats going on in the pigs mind after being done in. I cant imagine what benefit will come from this. but hey what do I know. I think animals have souls and peeps think Im nuts.
You're not nuts; you just contemplate the bigger picture!

So, the one question I get asked a lot as a Paranormal Investigator and related to Duke's question – Is there really life after death? Can we actually exist in some form after we pass from our mortal bodies?

It is my belief that we can, and do, and I'd like to take you through the logical reasoning for my views on this. By looking at scientific facts in the fields of Biology and Physics, I will put to you an argument in support of the notion of an existence, in whatever form you want to call it, after we pass.

First things first, let me present some of those scientific facts. This isn't make-believe or my own opinions but proven and documented through scientific research.

Biology - The human body is a power generating marvel, capable of producing electrical energy at a cellular level. This electrical energy is the reason we live and survive. Everything we do is controlled, and enabled, by electrical signals running through our bodies via our nervous system. It is electrical impulses from the brain that tells us to breathe. Electrical signals tell our hearts to speed up or slow down when we need it (in fact, if it wasn't for electrical impulses, our hearts wouldn't even beat at all). Our muscles contract and expand through electrical signals sent from the brain, and so on.

The average human, at rest, produces around 100 watts of power. Over periods of a few minutes, humans can comfortably sustain 300-400 watts; and in the case of very short bursts of energy, such as sprinting, some humans can output over 2,000 watts of power. All of this power is produced through the chemical reactions of elements in our bodies, like sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium, which have a specific electrical charge. Almost all of our cells can use these charged elements, called ions, to generate electrical charges.

Physics - There are many phenomena that relate to an electrical charge. Electric charge is a fundamental component of everyday matter. Objects are made of molecules and atoms. Atoms are made of protons, neutrons, and electrons. Protons and electrons are made, in part, out of electric charge. If you have a quantity of charge, you cannot destroy it, you can only move it from place to place and this was heavily documented by Albert Einstein. Some of the phenomenon, which relates to electrical charges are:

1. Electromagnetic Force phenomenon - An infinite-range attractive, or repulsive, force that acts between charged particles (the scientific phenomenon, I believe, we perceive as our bodies “Aurora”).

2. Contact Electrification - The phenomenon of electrification by contact. When two objects are touched together, sometimes the objects become spontaneously charged.

3. Electrical Conduction - The movement of electrically charged particles through a transmission medium (i.e. air, water, etc).

4. Static Electricity - Class of phenomena involving the imbalanced charge present on an object, typically referring to charge with voltages of sufficient magnitude to produce visible attraction (e.g. static cling), repulsion, and sparks (the scientific phenomenon, I believe, that is what lays behind what we perceive as "poltergeist activity").

So, after looking at the scientific evidence and considering the documented fact that our very physical existence and memories are thanks to chemically induced electrical charges, and we know that an electric charge is substance-like and if you have a quantity of charge, you can not destroy it, what happens to our bodily electrical charges when our earthly vessels expire?

Our scientific knowledge is, in my belief, the basis for our existence after death. I believe that our "spirit", which is nothing more than an electrical charge, can move around transferring from matter to matter, proton to proton and electron to electron through various electrical charge induced phenomenon. Coupled with the growing interest in Quantum Parapsychology, I believe that we will get a better understanding of what happens to us after death sometime in the near future.

Reactions: Walking Goose
4. Static Electricity - Class of phenomena involving the imbalanced charge present on an object, typically referring to charge with voltages of sufficient magnitude to produce visible attraction (e.g. static cling), repulsion, and sparks (the scientific phenomenon, I believe, that is what lays behind what we perceive as "poltergeist activity")
I've seen knives thrown from nowhere, aimed at an offending individual, I doubt static electricity was the cause. Science in my opinion is still in an infant stage when it comes to explaining the paranormal, I doubt it ever will. I've experienced too many paranormal events that can't be explained scientifically as have quite a few people on here. It would be nice to have these things explained to us so everybody had the final answer, we will one day but not while in our bodies.

. . I believe that our "spirit", which is nothing more than an electrical charge, can move around transferring from matter to matter, . .
I support your right to have this opinion. My belief is that human beings and animals, and perhaps all life forms are more than chemicals and electricity. We are more than elements. These are mechanisms or tools to support our life system. We use an automobile to get from one place to another, just like we use chemicals and electricity to provide us with energy to support our life system. Yes, electricity is part of us, but we are not just electricity.
I believe that we will get a better understanding of what happens to us after death
I agree, a BETTER understanding. I wonder if we will ever fully appreciate the life / spirit within us.

I believe in Life after Death because I have personal experience with it being real. But I cant explain why we age, why we dont know our past lives, what the others that have passed are doing right now. It is truly a mystery and meant to be so IMO.

Good article Duke.

From the author

" Death is a process, and not a moment in time. It is the human desire to put things in categories of black and white, and to have definitions that let us operate in daily life."

I believe this. Death starts long before the heart stops, in my opinion. The body starts to shut down organs and functions, in preparation of departing our physical bodies.

I cant explain why we age
Perhaps it supports the saying " we start to die from the moment we are born." It's a way of preparing us for those we will lose along the way and for when we die ourselves. Perhaps age is a gauge.

If we all looked the same and didn't age after maturity, wouldn't that be boring !

Reactions: garnetsilver