What's your favorite Holiday memory?

Lone Wolf

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
As the year is starting to draw to a close, the Holidays are now rapidly approaching. What's your favorite Halloween memory?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: garnetsilver
I'm gonna stick with a Halloween memory for now.

As a kid, UNICEF collection cartons were given out to kids to trick or treat for donations. I was all gung ho on it until my mom informed me that you just did the donation and no candy. You could not ask for both! Well, there I was...my little six year old heart wanting to help those starving kids out there but also wanting my candy. I came up with a plan. I took a purse to go with my costume of princess and told people I couldn't ask for candy, only donations for starving children. With a bit of a sad face. I got both...the cash and the candy in the purse....lol Where there's a will, there's a way!

Waking up before daybreak on Christmas morning, walking into the living room, and by the light of the Christmas tree seeing all the unwrapped gifts ( gifts left by Santa ).

Reactions: Lone Wolf and Paulm
I'm not a big Halloween fan - it just isn't the same over here in the UK. Too many older ones spoil it for the younger children, which is a shame. I admit I am a Halloween scrooge - but I am fed up with abuse and cheekiness from the teen idiots who try to break my door down every year.......

Reactions: Paulm
Children make Christmas special for sure. You get to re-live that time, Utah, with GrandChildren.

Thats what I'm told, Critter.

Grandchildren don't seem to be part of the plan, daughters are immersed in careers, single and not looking, and getting older... as are we.

If they happen one day, I hope I'm still here to meet them.

A friend I worked with 40 years ago is now a great-grandmother, and she's only 5 years older than me!

I live in a neighborhood with younger children, so Mrs Critter and I enjoy the visits at Halloween. We turn on outside lights at dusk and off at 9 pm when most youngins are at home. The rule in my neighborhood is visit homes with porch light(s) on.

We enjoy the kid's costumes and imagination and general cuteness of the very little ones.