What's the riskiest thing you've ever done?

I'm seeing a pattern here....the need for speed. In Grinch's case, it's the need for an andrenaline "high"...! (Nope...never gonna let him live down that Avatar of Tommy! :p)

Reactions: curandero81
Grinch, you gotta be the OSHA ticket writing man's dream! A few years back I was painting a 50' -55' flag pole at a high profile business. As you can imagine, that's an expensive job when you figure in a JLG -boom lift rental. So to be worth it, I offer a 10 year job, plus a new pully (re-weld), line, and Flag. And sure enough, the boom was 6' too short and I could not reach the top. So I waited for night time, and went up there with a step ladder in a swaying basket. Tied off, but dumb. I was up there all night, grinding down the old paint and rust to bare steel. Primed, two finish coats. All for 6 ':mad: Sure, a sane man would have rented a bigger lift, but then my measurements would have been wrong.:cool:

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
Grinch, you gotta be the OSHA ticket writing man's dream! A few years back I was painting a 50' -55' flag pole at a high profile business. As you can imagine, that's an expensive job when you figure in a JLG -boom lift rental. So to be worth it, I offer a 10 year job, plus a new pully (re-weld), line, and Flag. And sure enough, the boom was 6' too short and I could not reach the top. So I waited for night time, and went up there with a step ladder in a swaying basket. Tied off, but dumb. I was up there all night, grinding down the old paint and rust to bare steel. Primed, two finish coats. All for 6 ':mad: Sure, a sane man would have rented a bigger lift, but then my measurements would have been wrong.:cool:
O...M....G!