What's on your desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
The way I see it, there are basically three types of computer users. There are those who have icons and shortcuts to everything scattered around their desktop, along with the stray audio or video file, and maybe a photo and document or two. Then there are those who still have a lot of clutter on their desktop, but through the use of folders or programs like Fences, or even Windows' native ability to pin things to the task bar, there is at least some effort at organizing. Finally, there are those, like me, who take a minimalist approach to the desktop. I use a launcher to keep everything hidden away so that I have a nice, clean desktop.

So which are you? Dump it all on the desktop and search through it when you need to find something, or do you pin programs and files to the task bar in an effort to keep things somewhat tidy? Or maybe you like to keep your desktop as clean as I like mine?

Here's a screen cap of mine. Share yours if you like.

ksnap_141201.png

I am also a minimalist. I can't think when I am looking at too much crap on the screen. Also, I like to download Windows programs that have different pictures for the desktop background. I like to put these on slideshow mode so every couple of minutes my desktop displays a different landscape, flower, bird, etc. They have different themes that you could download. I like to change themes often, as I get bored easily.

Reactions: surge
Mine is rather dull, actually. Everything I need to get to is in my Favorites bar, and I have no "background" on screen other than the one that came with the computer that says "Toshiba."

Reactions: surge
They have different themes that you could download. I like to change themes often, as I get bored easily.
That's one of the reasons I like Linux. It's much friendlier to customizers than Windows. There are system settings that Windows doesn't have which allow you to tweak almost everything about the way your system looks.

ksnap_141201_2.png

Mine is rather dull, actually. Everything I need to get to is in my Favorites bar, and I have no "background" on screen other than the one that came with the computer that says "Toshiba."
My wife rotates through pictures of the children, both the flesh and the fur varieties. Of course you can't actually see the wallpaper because of all the icons and shortcuts. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.