What would you do?

Charleh

Please insert coffee
Reaction score
If this was your kid, how would you handle something like this?

This conversation went on ten min too long. After the second refusal it would have been over with my kid. The boy had way too much time to get worked up about the situation. The parent was extending this to get the reaction for the video at the expense of upsetting the child. If the situation was taken in hand right away it would have been over, the fish may have survived, the boy would have learned to obey and a lesson would have been learned.

Would've explained the fish needs to breathe with the water and that he is hurting him and then not traumatize him further by making him kill animals when he is clearly an animal lover.

This conversation went on ten min too long. After the second refusal it would have been over with my kid. The boy had way too much time to get worked up about the situation. The parent was extending this to get the reaction for the video at the expense of upsetting the child. If the situation was taken in hand right away it would have been over, the fish may have survived, the boy would have learned to obey and a lesson would have been learned.
Would've explained the fish needs to breathe with the water and that he is hurting him and then not traumatize him further by making him kill animals when he is clearly an animal lover.
Both of you said it best. The fish could have been alive if the argument didn’t continue. If it ain’t food, put it back

I would have said "nope, cant keep him" and when the kid tried to negotiated i would have taken the fish and said "either i send him home or you send him home".....and when he said "nooooo" i would have chucked that fish back in the water.....when the tantrum started....I would ignore and walk away.

I would have said "nope, cant keep him" and when the kid tried to negotiated i would have taken the fish and said "either i send him home or you send him home".....and when he said "nooooo" i would have chucked that fish back in the water.....when the tantrum started....I would ignore and walk away.
You sound like you’ve done this before!

Reactions: Aces and Lynne
I couldn't even watch the entire video. These types are parents are what's wrong with the world today - he doesn't know how to be a parent. He thinks this is funny and cute, and all he did was teach the kid how to have a prolonged tantrum, how to argue, and nothing was learned other than the "parent" is a tool.

Excellent !

Reactions: Aces
I couldn't even watch the entire video. These types are parents are what's wrong with the world today - he doesn't know how to be a parent. He thinks this is funny and cute, and all he did was teach the kid how to have a prolonged tantrum, how to argue, and nothing was learned other than the "parent" is a tool.
Yep exaxtly