What kind of bird are you?

I thought of the killdeer because she will die to protect her nest. This bird likes farm life and spends a lot of time running around I guess this sounds a bit like me
EA467E4B-3B31-45AB-AFF1-9087913E92FF.png

I once felt I communicated with a Crow. I offered it some food via sending the thought to it and it seemed to respond by coming closer, albeit keeping it's dignity at all time.

I love crows though,the thinkers of the bird world.

A few years after a traumatic split with my Soul Mate my boys decided I needed to have some companionship. I didn't. They introduced me to a single father of a friend of theirs and we weren't much of a match but he kept coming and so finally I dated him a few times (I say dated, but you don't date in backwoods Arkansas you go to the swimming hole, or fishing, or whatever)... He was nice enough, attentive, good looking in a rugged way... but dumber than Oklahoma Red Dirt. Just saying. Still, now I don't want to hurt his feelings so I am all of a sudden cooking his supper and washing his clothes which I never did with my Soul Mate as we worked together... while he slept in front of the TV. After a week of this nonsense I told him ahhh NO. Go home and cook for yourself... type statement.

But back he'd come every couple of days for the next two weeks ... expecting something I guess... Anyway, the 2nd time he came up the dirt road that is my drive way after I kicked him out that first time I noticed but didn't think much of it two crows,then maybe six, lining up the trees along the drive and cawing. The next time it was more Crows more cawing. By the second week the friggin driveway was lined with shoulder to shoulder Crows in the tree tops and they were RANTING - at HIM. LOLOL Freaked him out and set me right. They don't care for you... and a Crow knows. Get on down the road and don't come back. A month or two later a mutual friend told me "you know he planned on marrying you and taking over your land don't you? Bragged and Bragged about his little women down the creek and his new spread" -- Like that was going to happen :gun::cool:

Little Woman my #^%#@@!!. But, the Crows knew and they love to Gossip. No need for the gun. Shame. Oh no... I meant Thank'ee... That was that on 'companion'. And any conversation on companionship... I'll talk to the Crows.

A few years after a traumatic split with my Soul Mate my boys decided I needed to have some companionship. I didn't. They introduced me to a single father of a friend of theirs and we weren't much of a match but he kept coming and so finally I dated him a few times (I say dated, but you don't date in backwoods Arkansas you go to the swimming hole, or fishing, or whatever)... He was nice enough, attentive, good looking in a rugged way... but dumber than Oklahoma Red Dirt. Just saying. Still, now I don't want to hurt his feelings so I am all of a sudden cooking his supper and washing his clothes which I never did with my Soul Mate as we worked together... while he slept in front of the TV. After a week of this nonsense I told him ahhh NO. Go home and cook for yourself... type statement.

But back he'd come every couple of days for the next two weeks ... expecting something I guess... Anyway, the 2nd time he came up the dirt road that is my drive way after I kicked him out that first time I noticed but didn't think much of it two crows,then maybe six, lining up the trees along the drive and cawing. The next time it was more Crows more cawing. By the second week the friggin driveway was lined with shoulder to shoulder Crows in the tree tops and they were RANTING - at HIM. LOLOL Freaked him out and set me right. They don't care for you... and a Crow knows. Get on down the road and don't come back. A month or two later a mutual friend told me "you know he planned on marrying you and taking over your land don't you? Bragged and Bragged about his little women down the creek and his new spread" -- Like that was going to happen :gun::cool:

Little Woman my #^%#@@!!. But, the Crows knew and they love to Gossip. No need for the gun. Shame. Oh no... I meant Thank'ee... That was that on 'companion'. And any conversation on companionship... I'll talk to the Crows.
Great story Darcey. You gave me a chuckle this morning. Not in your circumstances but in the telling.

Hmmmmm... HMMMMM.... I'd have to say Crow. Unapologetic gossiper's but that's why they make Great Messengers. lol
That reminded me of an odd story. I took my Grandson to a park in my top down two seater. As we are playing, a crow hopped into my car, removed a fast food bag, and removed the kid's meal toy from the bag. There was no food in the bag, just a toy. I chased the crow away, found the bag, but no toy. Now what does a crow want with a yellow, rubber duck ?
The crow came back, sat in a tree just above my car and chatted and chatted to me as if to say " I wasn't done looking in your car, do you mind vacating the car "

I'm a pigeon, but not an ordinary pigeon. More like a big city pigeon. Anyone who has ever walked down the street in a major city knows these birds. They walk down the sidewalk like they own the place and don't care one bit about what the humans are doing. If one gets in your way we'll that's just too bad for you, serves you right for trying to get in their territory. I've seen people try to yell or shoo them away, once I saw a guy kick one like he was trying to make a field goal. These birds just shrug it off and give the humans a look like:

"Oh, I didn't see you there. Actually I did see you but I was ignoring you"

Yup. City pigeons don't give a flock what everyone else is doing they live by their own rules.

I'm a pigeon, but not an ordinary pigeon. More like a big city pigeon. Anyone who has ever walked down the street in a major city knows these birds. They walk down the sidewalk like they own the place and don't care one bit about what the humans are doing. If one gets in your way we'll that's just too bad for you, serves you right for trying to get in their territory. I've seen people try to yell or shoo them away, once I saw a guy kick one like he was trying to make a field goal. These birds just shrug it off and give the humans a look like:

"Oh, I didn't see you there. Actually I did see you but I was ignoring you"

Yup. City pigeons don't give a flock what everyone else is doing they live by their own rules.
upload_2019-6-4_14-39-29.jpeg

Great story Darcey. You gave me a chuckle this morning. Not in your circumstances but in the telling.

Laughter is the remedy for sadness... Laughing at yourself -- Free's your Spirit. I am glad it made you chuckle... good Medicine in that.

That reminded me of an odd story. I took my Grandson to a park in my top down two seater. As we are playing, a crow hopped into my car, removed a fast food bag, and removed the kid's meal toy from the bag. There was no food in the bag, just a toy. I chased the crow away, found the bag, but no toy. Now what does a crow want with a yellow, rubber duck ?

I imagine that Crow is trading with the crack head Squirrels... they do that.

I like it. Why yes I do.

Reactions: Debi and Lynne