What do you call it?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
78100942_3908811979144867_3578171369222832128_n.jpg

What are the odds.....?

As seniors at my high school, guys were required to take a short (six weeks?) home economics class. The teacher was a very old lady (probably my age now) who was a stickler for proper kitchen terminology. She would correct us when we'd use the wrong term....cup v. mug, stir v. mix, butter v. margarine, etc. She was particularly keen in making sure we knew the difference between dressing and stuffing. She explained "stuffing" was what went into the bird, while "dressing" was prepared separately, usually in a casserole or baking dish. The fact the two might have exactly the same ingredients, even come from the same mixing bowl, was irrelevant.

What set her off was the introduction of "Stove Top Stuffing," which she insisted should have been branded as "Stove Top Dressing."

What are the odds.....?

As seniors at my high school, guys were required to take a short (six weeks?) home economics class. The teacher was a very old lady (probably my age now) who was a stickler for proper kitchen terminology. She would correct us when we'd use the wrong term....cup v. mug, stir v. mix, butter v. margarine, etc. She was particularly keen in making sure we knew the difference between dressing and stuffing. She explained "stuffing" was what went into the bird, while "dressing" was prepared separately, usually in a casserole or baking dish. The fact the two might have exactly the same ingredients, even come from the same mixing bowl, was irrelevant.

What set her off was the introduction of "Stove Top Stuffing," which she insisted should have been branded as "Stove Top Dressing."
*** I am laughing so hard right now***

Isn't it amazing how that useless trivia sits there in the brain to come forward years later in perfect clarity? lol I can still repeat the alphabet backwards in under 10 seconds thanks to Mr. Rainey of the 5th grade. Can't remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday, but THAT I can remember. :p