What are your plans?

qwynie Rose

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place for this post so advance apologies if it has to be moved.

An American missionary once told me that everyone should have one day a year to take time out to be grateful for what matters. So instead of stressing that you don't have the material possessions you want (like a more expensive car, more expensive phone etc), focus on being grateful for things you do have like family, health, sanity. I'm sure most folks have more to be grateful for than they realise. Like one time when I was sleeping rough at least I had a sleeping bag, many don't, so I was grateful for that.

Anyway, enough rambling, he was just trying to explain Thanksgiving.

So, what do you have planned for Thanksgiving, if you celebrate it?

Oh, and I know it's a bit away yet but I'm a space brain and bound to forget, so in advance ... I wish all who celebrate it a blessed Thanksgiving. :)

I am grateful just for breath. I know this sounds odd to many, but when you have a lung issue and rely on meds and O2, this is kind of a major deal. I am thankful every morning I wake up! I am blessed by a loving family both at home and my forum family here. :)

We are celebrating this year with the immediate family. Bringing my sister in law to the house from the nursing home for a few hours to eat with us. As it is her first outing in 6 months, I have a bit of trepidation over it this year, but we shall enjoy the usual "standard" Thanksgivng feast. I will have my great nephew here and my youngest son who lives with us so the equation gets down to how many deviled eggs can they eat? (Last year I made two dozen for 5 people. They were gone in 24 hours.)

We keep it small, because of my health. What am I grateful for? Being able to see the magical side of life, for those days when I have a bit of extra energy, for those inexplicable moments of happiness that come floating lightly out of nowhere, than fly away again. For a loving mate, and a beautiful cat. And for eyes to see with, ears to hear with, and a mouth to speak.

My immediate family ( 3 daughters + husbands+ Grandchildren ) + my father will gather at the most convenient day to give thanks and celebrate Thanksgiving. Picking the most convenient day means a Saturday. We usually go around the table and give thanks and wish for the coming year. Mine is usually a boring health and happiness for the family, but that's something to which I'm truly grateful.

Rose, when I was a little boy we had one of those gigantic extended families. Good Times. But all of a sudden that family got really small really fast.
But I get to play golf with my brother.
Mom and her boyfriend like to play too. The courses are all frozen over in the Upper Midwest, so we watch on TV. Sit around discussing the finer points of putters
You probably don't want to go to Mom's house on Thanksgiving.

I am grateful to have my parents still this year. We had a close call not long ago. I also have a great hubby and daughter. The love of some wonderful pets and good health.

E185330F-BBB2-474C-91C1-AB7276AC2365.jpeg
I wish I could visit you Lynne, and see your beautiful horse!
Thank you.
If you ever come out to Eastern MI let me know. We could have lunch and go riding.

Reactions: garnetsilver