What Aliens Look Like

The chances of them having two eyes, a nose and two ears are slim, that's evolution on Earth, I think. Unless they are humans of the future come back. I don't think they would be anything we could imagine. I believe we would have more chance communicating with a jellyfish, so I'm dreading an arrival of aliens.

Reactions: Debi
Not to worry anyone, but they can appear to us how they like.

It may be that the most common body plan in the universe is something like a crab. It seems the crab form has evolved many times throughout earth's history, even among species not descended from the "true crab" line. It's a practical body form for many earth environments.

Aliens too different from us won't have enough in common to spark their interest in us. And don't worry about them wanting earth's resources. The universe is full of resources that are far easier to access than those here on our world, and no pesky natives (us) to make things difficult.

Reactions: Benway
Not to worry anyone, but they can appear to us how they like.

It may be that the most common body plan in the universe is something like a crab. It seems the crab form has evolved many times throughout earth's history, even among species not descended from the "true crab" line. It's a practical body form for many earth environments.

Aliens too different from us won't have enough in common to spark their interest in us. And don't worry about them wanting earth's resources. The universe is full of resources that are far easier to access than those here on our world, and no pesky natives (us) to make things difficult.
The horseshoe crab is the oldest unchanged animal in the world (I think). They aren't crabs either; they just evolved the same shape and it worked so they stuck that way, which supports the idea. Are there any other examples of parallel evolution like that?.