What actor...

The late, great and extremely talented Robert Shaw as 'Quint' in Jaws. Not their first choice, Shaw was hired when Sterling Hayden, (originally chosen to play the role) found himself in trouble with the Internal Revenue. Shaw wrote the infamous Indianapolis dialogue seen in the film. Nobody else could have pulled it off. World lost a hell of a talent when he passed away.
80793dfc08450afd29ce33fec51693c0.jpg

Last edited:
The late, great and extremely talented Robert Shaw as 'Quint' in Jaws. Not their first choice, Shaw was hired when Sterling Hayden, (originally chosen to play the role) found himself in trouble with the Internal Revenue. Shaw wrote the infamous Indianapolis dialogue seen in the film. Nobody else could have pulled it off. World lost a hell of a talent when he passed away.
View attachment 42360
Shaw was great as the German tank commander in "Battle of the Bulge." The character had a perfect mix off arrogance and military beating.

Mel Gibson as Mad Max. Fury Road was an abomination :mad: , lol.

Reactions: Selectric
Shaw was great as the German tank commander in "Battle of the Bulge." The character had a perfect mix off arrogance and military beating.
I've only seen a small part of that film, but I've probably seen some of the scenes you're talking about. He was brilliant.

I'm feeling rather nostalgic tonight. I can't believe I forgot to mention the late, great Chrisopher Reeve as Superman. I've been a Supes fan since I was about four or five, so I grew up watching his portrayal as the Man of Steel. I'm not taking anything away from recent actors, but damn.....he was Superman.
b207664d641100226030efdfb8b10f13.png

Shaw was hired when Sterling Hayden, (originally chosen to play the role) found himself in trouble with the Internal Revenue.
Lee Marvin was also offered the role and declined. The claimed reason varies depending on who you read. I suspect the truest version was that Marvin didn't want to work with an inexperienced director.

Lee Marvin was also offered the role and declined. The claimed reason varies depending on who you read. I suspect the truest version was that Marvin didn't want to work with an inexperienced director.
Maybe Marvin didn't want to get on small boats hungover.

Reactions: crux

"Here comes Lee Marvin. Thank God, he's always drunk and violent."