What’s your crime?

Charleh

Please insert coffee
Reaction score
E1A25D73-1167-4E4F-839F-5EEC88AE4F17.jpeg

Reactions: Paintman
Hmmmm. Operation Passive-Aggressive.:cool: I have to do this once in awhile in the painting business. Shame and blackmail are sadly methods of collecting payment. There is a criteria. They have it coming. They're nonpayment or slow payment puts a hardship on me. The revenge portion is justly calibrated. Everything is legal - no violence or intimidation.
I painted a man's home inside and out and his small business. I knew darn well he was running the payment for the house through his business. He was in the process of trying to sell both so I suspected he was cash-poor. After a month of getting the run around and being lied to I sprung into action. :cool: What really ticked me off is he refused to pay the contracted price and wanted a steep discount.
I put two and two together and figured this man is an immigrant from a country where haggling after the fact is common practice. A little detective work found out he was in the process of applying for citizenship. That means he has a sponsor or a handler vouching for him in the United States. I put leins on both properties so he could not sell them. And then I went to his sponsor and explained the situation with the lein documents. The sponsor was furious at his behavior, and met me with a bag of cash.:cool:
Then in revenge payment ( I call it the jerk tax :)) for my inconvenience I took my own sweet time removing the leins. I think the worst of it for the deadbeat was involving his sponsor, who paid for it with his own cash. I would hate to see what the real interest was on that payment........
This is a technique where you let somebody else do the real dirty work.
And frankly I hate having to do this.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Operation Passive-Aggressive.:cool: I have to do this once in awhile in the painting business. Shame and blackmail are sadly methods of collecting payment. There is a criteria. They have it coming. They're nonpayment or slow payment puts a hardship on me. The revenge portion is justly calibrated. Everything is legal - no violence or intimidation.
I painted a man's home inside and out and his small business. I knew darn well he was running the payment for the house through his business. He was in the process of trying to sell both so I suspected he was cash-poor. After a month of getting the run around and being lied to I sprung into action. :cool: What really ticked me off is he refused to pay the contracted price and wanted a steep discount.
I put two and two together and figured this man is an immigrant from a country where haggling after the fact is common practice. A little detective work found out he was in the process of applying for citizenship. That means he has a sponsor or a handler vouching for him in the United States. I put leins on both properties so he could not sell them. And then I went to his sponsor and explained the situation with the lein documents. The sponsor was furious at his behavior, and met me with a bag of cash.:cool:
Then in revenge payment ( I call it the jerk tax :)) for my inconvenience I took my own sweet time removing the leins. I think the worst of it for the deadbeat was involving his sponsor, who paid for it with his own cash. I would hate to see what the real interest was on that payment........
You’re a man after my own heart :D I rarely find myself doing this because I’m very picky with who I trust but boy when someone screws me over I have a few ways to legally scare the crap out of them

I steal one sock from every pair. You may be aware of my work.

Yes Ben, you have many names in America “Maytag”, “Kenmore” (or maybe “Benmore”), and “Whirlpool” amongst them.

I think if I were you I’d go by “Whirlpool” as it contours up the image of a “Deadpool” like character in a tutu.

I'd place child safety caps (like the ones put on medicine bottles) on very mundane things. The salt and pepper shakers would be my first targets.
Ohhh, I like that one...lol Hey, did ya notice I added you to the forum dictionary? Just sayin'....

I’d leave their half empty jug of milk under the sink.

Back in the early 90s we had a whole house carpet cleaning done by a locally owned/operated company. Long story short, they did a couple hundred dollars worth of damage. The owner acknowledged the damage (annotated by employee on invoice), but then refused to make good after he fired the guy. We won a small claims court judgement, which he ignored. This was a tactical error on his part.

After he failed to respond or pay within the specified period in the judgement, I had his business bank account frozen. The owner didn't notice it until checks he wrote to his suppliers and his employees bounced. He called his bank, who referred him to the court. The court told him everything was frozen until I advised them the judgement had been paid. A series of calls were left on our answering machine, ranging from rage to pleading. Unfortunately for him, I was in Texas on business for a week and couldn't receive the cashier's check he had sent.

It was late Tuesday the following week before I was able to cash the check, and midday the following day before I had time to contact the court. The clerk told me I had to come in to sign a statement, which I wasn't able to do until the next day. In the meantime, the owner was calling both the court and our answering machine saying he was going to lose his business. I think his account was finally active on Friday, two business weeks after it was frozen. Despite all that, we still got discount coupons from them for several years.