Was Gobekli Tepe aligned to Sirius?

Archaeoastronomer

Reaction score
I have tested this and appears to be true!

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
Hi Lynne,
I don't have enough information to answer, but there needs to be a lot more digging around Gobekli Tepe.
I do have interest in the Vulture Stone that appears to show a Scorpion, and may be the earliest symbol of the constellation of Scorpio, so astrology may go back to the earliest times, link below may interest:-

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
Hi Lynne,
I don't have enough information to answer, but there needs to be a lot more digging around Gobekli Tepe.
I do have interest in the Vulture Stone that appears to show a Scorpion, and may be the earliest symbol of the constellation of Scorpio, so astrology may go back to the earliest times, link below may interest:-
Thanks Archie. It is amazing that they may have marked a date in history using the stars alignment.

Reactions: Archaeoastronomer
Hi Lynne,
Firstly i need to thank Debi for allowing me to post a link to some of my work under the avatar monk:-
From the dawn of civilization we have been fascinated by Sirius and the Belt of Orion, you would be interested to know mostly all our solar calendars have been aligned to either Sirius or Alnilam, center star of the Belt of Orion.