Open Lines Want to calm down?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Well, if you need to calm down, listen to Judas Priest or Slipknot.....nope, not kidding ya! Here's the report:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...t-or-Slipknot-study-finds.html?fb_ref=Default

Slipknot_3347024b.jpg

An Australian study has found that listening to heavy metal and “extreme music” such as punk and death core has a calming influence on fans and does not make them more aggressive.

The study induced anger in regular listeners of “heavy metal, punk, hardcore, and screamo” and then examined the impact of listening to ten minutes of the music of their choice and ten minutes of silence.

In both cases, the hostility, irritability, and stress levels of the fans increased during the anger induction and were found to decrease after both the music and the silence.

“Listening to extreme music may represent a healthy way of processing anger for these listeners,” said the study, published in the journal Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.

Reactions: surge and Indigo
Well, if you need to calm down, listen to Judas Priest or Slipknot.....nope, not kidding ya! Here's the report:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...t-or-Slipknot-study-finds.html?fb_ref=Default

Slipknot_3347024b.jpg

An Australian study has found that listening to heavy metal and “extreme music” such as punk and death core has a calming influence on fans and does not make them more aggressive.

The study induced anger in regular listeners of “heavy metal, punk, hardcore, and screamo” and then examined the impact of listening to ten minutes of the music of their choice and ten minutes of silence.

In both cases, the hostility, irritability, and stress levels of the fans increased during the anger induction and were found to decrease after both the music and the silence.

“Listening to extreme music may represent a healthy way of processing anger for these listeners,” said the study, published in the journal Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
Told my gym teacher this once in 9th grade & she looked at me like I had 4 heads.

Reactions: Debi and Seahunter