News Venus Beach votes topless

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
http://www.breitbart.com/california...-in-topless-sunbathing-its-an-equality-issue/

The council expressed that it “supports women being afforded the same rights as men to sunbathe topless.”

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Tuesday meeting focused on the issue, and the council concluded that the neighborhood is a “safe haven for liberal views and free expression.” The Los Angeles City Council and Mayor Eric Garcetti will have the final say in the matter.

Melissa Diner, a Venice Neighborhood Council community officer who sponsored the resolution, explained that “It’s an equality issue. There’s a conversation we’re trying to start… What do you want to see on Venice Beach?”

OK, before anyone goes off on a tangent here, I post this as an "equality" topic. Is this really "equality", or does this just sexualize women even more?

As one who has done topless sunbathing on a public beach that allowed it years ago, I can tell you that my mind has changed on this. I don't think this is or should be an "equality" issue. Although men and women are equal within spiritual power, there are basic differences in the energy they each have....and body forms. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

A bit of modesty equals self-respect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ab_Original
Of course it objectifies women even more. I have never understood the women who felt that this was "equality". Equality is being paid the same as men for a day's worth or work, not giving men a cheap thrill.

Reactions: surge and Debi
I'm all for equal pay and such like , however , going topless is not exactly a cheap thrill for men , some women need to remain covered !

I'm all for equal pay and such like , however , going topless is not exactly a cheap thrill for men , some women need to remain covered !
Noooooooo.....not "SOME". You cannot divide this into those you wish to see and those you don't. You either have to give ALL women's boobs equal rights or none, otherwise it becomes objectifying.

Venice Beach???? My olde stompin' grounds! Being born in Santa Monica and raised in Culver City, a better part of my childhood was spent on the beach of Venice California. I used to go horseback riding in the oil fields back in the day. Now, Marina Del Rey sits on those fields.

Venice Beach has certainly changed from the way it was in the late 40s, early 50s. Yep.

Noooooooo.....not "SOME". You cannot divide this into those you wish to see and those you don't. You either have to give ALL women's boobs equal rights or none, otherwise it becomes objectifying.

So ! Whatever happened to modesty ? A glimpse of a woman"s ankle sent men's blood pressure soaring not to mention another part of the anatomy , a woman can be 100 times more alluring fully clothed than being topless , where does it end ? Nude beaches followed by bring your own dildo , will there be a stall set up by the beach proclaiming " Dr D"s dildo shop ......large and small , we got-em all ."

Reactions: surge
saggy_boobs-woman.jpg

I happen to agree with you! That's what I meant about self respect equals modesty! If I had it to do over again, I would not do it. Your use of the word "some" is what I believe to be misleading....IMO, ALL women should keep them covered! I happen to believe a wrapped present is much more appealing than just handing over the gift. If women are made in the image of the Goddess, then we should respect that!

Besides, you really, really don't want to burn that particular part of your anatomy, ladies.

Reactions: surge
Like I said, a cheap thrill.

Reactions: Debi