UFO sighting in Jacksonville FL

fiveonadub

Reaction score
So I was lurking about the forum and seen that others were posting their ancient UFO stories, so I thought I would share mine with the group.
I am going to say my UFO story is a little different than others I have heard. It's not the typical triangle or disc, but it is a unidentified flying object all the same.
So here goes....
First I would like to set the stage.
It was the wee hours of the morning. I had been out with friends drinking and smoking weed.
We were out on Black Hammock Island. Some of the waterways out there are closed to the public and used for military training, particularly navy SEAL training. ( Not even sure if that is relevant)
But on the island, there are miles of marsh that eventually lead to the Atlantic Ocean.
I was with a girl, kinda making out etc.. overlooking the marsh next to a friends house. It was a calm clear hot summer night.
Suddenly, an incredible wind came up which startled both of us because it was such a calm night. It was a very strong wind that sorta smacked the car and shook it.
I immediately jumped out of the car and looked around. I was very startled by the wind. The girl I was with was screaming at me to get back in the car saying "it a tornado" but I knew it wasn't. There was no bad weather in the area.
After a few seconds, I would say 30-45 from when the wind started, this green ball rose up over a small patch of trees that was between my friends yard and the marsh. The ball was maybe 30-50 ft across and it glowed just like a green glow stick. It seemed to be spinning and pulsing at the same time.
It hung just above the treeline for about 10 seconds. It was less than 100 feet from where I was standing. I remember feeling hypnotized by the whole thing.
After just hanging like literally right above the trees about 20-30 feet in the air, it started to develop this orangish looking ring around it and began to vibrate very violently. I thought it was going to explode or something.
Instead, it shot off over the horizon, and I mean it shot. It covered all of the marsh out over the ocean and out of sight in like 1 second. Boom, it was gone and the wind stopped. It left a trail of sorts that faded really quickly. Like a green streak across the sky behind it.
There were some people in my friends house. They came running out after it had burst off. They said they thought they heard an explosion. And said the power had briefly went out.
The girl that was with me claims to have no memory of the event.

A couple of day later, I was talking to a guy that lived down the road from the place. Keep in mind this is very rural. He lived in a camper. He said he was out pissing in thee bushes and saw it too.

Over the years, I have mentioned it to people in the area. Others have seen it before as well on different occasions. One was as far back as the 60's. My sighting was august of 1995.

The strangest thing for me was that we had left the club at 2:00 AM. We drove straight to my friends house which was about 35 minutes away and we had just arrived. When the people came out off the house and said they heard the "explosion" they said the power went out. When I went inside, there were a few clocks. Instead of flashing 12:00 like they normally do when the power goes out, they were flashing 5:37 AM. That is when the power went out. We had been in the driveway for a couple of hours but it seemed like only a few minutes to me.
The day after the event, I went out to the tree patch that the thing came from. Several of the trees were broken off at about 15 ft high and strewn about in a circular pattern...just like when small tornadoes touch down in Florida. I used to chase hurricanes with a tree service so I know what it looks like and I have seen it many times before. It looked like a tornado touched down for just a second just in that spot. But I know it was not a tornado.

Anyways, I have always wanted to find answers to it. But outside of that small community on the island, I have never heard or read of any other similar sighting.
It opened my eyes to the fact that there is more out there than what we realize.
Since that night, I always look to the sky and hope for another glimpse. Perhaps it was a true once in a lifetime experience.

So I was lurking about the forum and seen that others were posting their ancient UFO stories, so I thought I would share mine with the group.
I am going to say my UFO story is a little different than others I have heard. It's not the typical triangle or disc, but it is a unidentified flying object all the same.
So here goes....
It was the wee hours of the morning. I had been out with friends drinking and smoking weed.
We were out on Black Hammock Island. Some of the waterways out there are closed to the public and used for military training, particularly navy SEAL training. ( Not even sure if that is relevant)
But on the island, there are miles of marsh that eventually lead to the Atlantic Ocean.
I was with a girl, kinda making out etc.. overlooking the marsh next to a friends house. It was a calm clear hot summer night.
Suddenly, an incredible wind came up which startled both of us because it was such a calm night. It was a very strong wind that sorta smacked the car and shook it.
I immediately jumped out of the car and looked around. I was very startled by the wind. The girl I was with was screaming at me to get back in the car saying "it a tornado" but I knew it wasn't. There was no bad weather in the area.
After a few seconds, I would say 30-45 from when the wind started, this green ball rose up over a small patch of trees that was between my friends yard and the marsh. The ball was maybe 30-50 ft across and it glowed just like a green glow stick. It seemed to be spinning and pulsing at the same time.
It hung just above the treeline for about 10 seconds. It was less than 100 feet from where I was standing. I remember feeling hypnotized by the whole thing.
After just hanging like literally right above the trees about 20-30 feet in the air, it started to develop this orangish looking ring around it and began to vibrate very violently. I thought it was going to explode or something.
Instead, it shot off over the horizon, and I mean it shot. It covered all of the marsh out over the ocean and out of sight in like 1 second. Boom, it was gone and the wind stopped. It left a trail of sorts that faded really quickly. Like a green streak across the sky behind it.
There were some people in my friends house. They came running out after it had burst off. They said they thought they heard an explosion. And said the power had briefly went out.

A couple of day later, I was talking to a guy that lived down the road from the place. Keep in mind this is very rural. He lived in a camper. He said he was out pissing in thee bushes and saw it too.

Over the years, I have mentioned it to people in the area. Others have seen it before as well on different occasions. One was as far back as the 60's. My sighting was august of 1995.

The strangest thing for me was that we had left the club at 2:00 AM. We drove straight to my friends house which was about 35 minutes away and we had just arrived. When the people came out off the house and said they heard the "explosion" they said the power went out. When I went inside, there were a few clocks. Instead of flashing 12:00 like they normally do when the power goes out, they were flashing 5:37 AM. That is when the power went out. We had been in the driveway for a couple of hours but it seemed like only a few minutes to me.
The day after the event, I went out to the tree patch that the thing came from. Several of the trees were broken off at about 15 ft high and strewn about in a circular pattern...just like when small tornadoes touch down in Florida. I used to chase hurricanes with a tree service so I know what it looks like and I have seen it many times before. It looked like a tornado touched down for just a second just in that spot. But I know it was not a tornado.

Anyways, I have always wanted to find answers to it. But outside of that small community on the island, I have never heard or read of any other similar sighting.
It opened my eyes to the fact that there is more out there than what we realize.
Since that night, I always look to the sky and hope for another glimpse. Perhaps it was a true once in a lifetime experience.
That's quite a story, Five. One that will always stick in your memory. How did you feel at the time ? Curious, scared, excited ?

Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum.

Reactions: garnetsilver
So here goes....

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for sharing your story! As someone who has experienced a sighting, I don't doubt your experience of it. Answers? I have none on mine or yours, but I keep looking. At the skies and for those answers.

That's quite a story, Five. One that will always stick in your memory. How did you feel at the time ? Curious, scared, excited ?

Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum.
Curious / startled

So here goes....

Any thoughts on what impact your being under the influence of drugs and alcohol at the time of the incident had/has on your recollections?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mokey
Duke, I do not believe it to have had any impact on my recollections.
It was definitely what you would call a "sobering" event.

Five welcome to the forum.
I have had my own experience so I will not say nothing negative. There are many reports of all kinds. Again the universe has so many mysteries we have not even seen.

Duke, I do not believe it to have had any impact on my recollections.
It was definitely what you would call a "sobering" event.

Reminds me of a "UFO researcher" guest on the "Paranormal Central" podcast several years ago who bemoaned the fact he couldn't get anyone to take an extraordinary sighting he had seriously just because he was on LSD at the time of the incident.

Not sure if this program still exists, it was done live on Sunday nights out of Fresno. It was basically a couple stoners talking stuff they thought, I'm sure, made perfect sense; think "Bill and Ted's God Awful Paranormal Adenture." This show was so bad, I honestly thought it was a parody of paranormal talk radio the first time I heard it.