"Typewriter" Indian TV Series on Netflix

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
For those of you who have Netflix and want to watch a very different type of paranormal series, "Typewriter" is for you. Best way I can describe it is it's as if Disney and Steven King developed a series together, then hired Sam Peckinpah to direct it. It starts out like a kids' movie, but give it time. It gets weird quickly.

Couple things to consider in deciding if you want to watch it. First, four different languages (Hindi, Konkani, Portuguese, English) are spoken in the series, but there are English subtitles. Also, it's a five part series, each episode about 50-55 minutes. There is a fair bit of graphic violence and vulgarity (in multiple languages), but no nudity. Beautiful cinematography, the series was shot in the former Portuguese colony of Goa.

I've been on the hunt for a good new show to watch on Netflix for a while, I am definitely going to have to check this out. Especially because I LOVE foreign language films and series, and am a total sucker for great cinematography. This sounds right up my alley.

Reactions: Debi and 7Critter
I've been on the hunt for a good new show to watch on Netflix for a while, I am definitely going to have to check this out. Especially because I LOVE foreign language films and series, and am a total sucker for great cinematography. This sounds right up my alley.

Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the series.

Reactions: Debi