Transportation

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

I HAVE TWO FAMILY MEMBERS ABOUT TO BOARD A TRAIN TO NEW MEXICO. THEY'VE DONE THE TRAIN BEFORE AND LIKE IT BECAUSE THEY HATE TO FLY.
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A CAR, WHAT IS YOUR PREFERRED METHOD OF TRAVEL?
ANY GOOD TRIP STORIES?
BEST AND WORST TRIPS VIA ALTERNATE TRANSPORT?

I have always preferred train travel, but don't mind airplanes. I really like being aloft among the clouds!

While I don't have any particular stories, I think my most disliked mode of travel is Greyhound buses. The smells are what makes it most uncomfortable, and the close proximity of the other passengers.

I never liked flying, more because of the hassles with airline travel than the actual flying. I liked the trains in Europe, never been on a train (other than subways) here. One bus trip was enough.

I never liked flying, more because of the hassles with airline travel than the actual flying. I liked the trains in Europe, never been on a train (other than subways) here. One bus trip was enough.
I once did a two day bus trip from Nevada to Georgia. I will never get on a bus again.

Won't get on a plane ever again, but do love to ride the rails. That clickity clack puts me right to sleep!

I'd have to say train but you would nearly always get one strange person wanting to put on a show, a show no one wants to see, lol.

ive only been on a train once, in the midwest. it was cool. i dont care for flying and bus travel is torture. so if i cant drive im staying home...lol