Train or plane?

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
You're taking a hypothetical trip. Time is of no importance, and you can reach your destination by air in a mere three hours, and that's factoring in being fondled and strip searched at the airport. However, you could also choose to make the trip by train. It will take twelve hours, but it's a very scenic trip which cuts through mountains and valleys, and this time of year the colors will be amazing. Which mode of transport do you choose?

I would take the train. Aside form my pledge to never fly again if it can be avoided, I think it would be cool to take a long train ride and be able to relax and take in all the scenery.

Reactions: DoTell and Carroll
I would like to take the train, though Amtrak lately has had a few problems with trains staying on the track. It is without a doubt the most safest...and slowest, besides wagon train lol.

Reactions: DoTell
train. I do not fly anymore. I feel only doctors should be allowed to perform prostate exams

Reactions: DoTell
I have taken train trips, to Seattle and BC. Very productive period of time.

As the only way I will fly is by my own wings, the train it is! I love the train, in a very Sheldon Cooper kind of way. It's a bit romantic to go clacking along those tracks, never knowing what the next bit of scenery will be.

When I was young, I used to take the South Shore train to go into Chicago all the time. Always a great time, especially at Christmas. Get off at the station and walk out into the big city with all the store window displays. Good memories!

I enjoy travel. The journey is sometimes more important to me than the destination. I would take the scenic route.

Reactions: Debi