Tomb of Cerberus unearthed

I would be overjoyed if I got the chance to visit this tomb. But why is there a tomb for Cerberus? Isn't Cerberus ever lasting and can't die in the Roman beliefs?

I would be overjoyed if I got the chance to visit this tomb. But why is there a tomb for Cerberus? Isn't Cerberus ever lasting and can't die in the Roman beliefs?
Greek.

I don't think the tomb was the tomb of the creature but named after the fresco of Cerberus on the walls put there to guard whoever was within the tomb itself.

Reactions: Selectric
I don't think the tomb was the tomb of the creature but named after the fresco of Cerberus on the walls put there to guard whoever was within the tomb itself.
If it was...no cloning please lol. Enough craziness going on. Don't need a three-headed dog running amok in the world lol.

Hi Debi,
There are a lot of myths regarding Dogs and Hell, please read about Sirius the Dog Star below, the Romans hated Sirius and called it Janitor Lethaeus, the Keeper of Hell:-
For thousands of years secret societies have aligned war to it, buildings, constitutions to it, with the centre star of the Belt of Orion.
A by-product is extreme heat, it is the origin of "The dog days of Summer", other cultures have connected the star with floods, we seem to be having a lot of that in 21st Century.

Just found two different sites. One says Cerberus doesn't exist in Roman religion while the other says Cerberus does exist in Roman religion and is called Cerberus which is the Roman name of the Greek Kerberos(like how the Greek Hades is called Pluto in Rome).

Last edited:
This was a poorly written article and gives the impression that it is for the creature itself, which as far as we know did not exist. No doubt it was a tomb of some important person who didn't want his grave disturbed and used the mural for protection. Still a great and it would be fun to see in person.

• Big Grin
Reactions: Ragnar0711