Tipping

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
No, not cows...lol
I remember a time when you tipped your mailman and other service people at the holidays.
Anyone still do this?
And speaking of tipping, I don't get out much so I have to ask...what is the amount of an expected tip these days and who are you expected to tip?

I used to give something to mailman long ago. I stopped doing it and to be honest, nothing changed about how he/she puts my mail in box or slot. It's not like they personally deliver me the golden Wonka ticket every year lol. I hear people tipping or giving trash guys something around this time of year. Honestly, my trash cans are thrown everywhere regardless lol.

You know, even as an American I still get confused about tipping. Like it's expected to tip the wait staff or the Uber driver and it's not unusual to tip the garbage collector or postal worker; but the moment I try to tip a traffic cop suddenly it's all handcuffs and court dates!

I've always tip as a function of the quality of service I receive, good service I tipped really well. With staff shortages and resulting slow service, I've changed my approach. To my mind, it's not fair to short tip a server/employee who's busting ass but losing ground because they're being overworked.

I've never tipped a mail carrier. In fact the thought would have never occurred to since as a federal employee I was never allowed to accept anything much beyond a cup of coffee.

Tipping ='s People think I'm a big shot !
My haircut Lady gets a nice tip because she never gives me a + 50 senior discount. That is a small price for knowing I still got it.
The letter carrier & the UPS will get something like a six pack of Coke and Diet Coke. Same with the garbage guy.
You know, even as an American I still get confused about tipping. Like it's expected to tip the wait staff or the Uber driver and it's not unusual to tip the garbage collector or postal worker; but the moment I try to tip a traffic cop suddenly it's all handcuffs and court dates!
Then you tip the judge beforehand.