Time to cook....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
COMING UP ON THANKSGIVING FAST! DO YOU STILL USE A COOKBOOK? I'M LOOKING FOR A FEW NEW RECIPES FOR THIS YEAR. EITHER FOR THANKSGIVING OR CHRISTMAS! WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAMILY SPECIALTIES? I NEED TO MAKE A GROCERY LIST SOON! SHARE THE GOODNESS!

45561374_2427535767275910_1772626762195271680_n (Small).jpg

Reactions: Paintman
Well ok. Mine’s a simple twist on an old favorite. Make mashed potatoes & just after adding the butter & milk & salt to mash them after you drained them, add a heaping bit of fresh smashed & very fine minced raw garlic to sweat/cook in the residual heat. Blend in well. It gives them a really nice extra savory kick & you can’t really taste the garlic. It sets off turkey & gravy you serve the taters with too.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Well ok. Mine’s a simple twist on an old favorite. Make mashed potatoes & just after adding the butter & milk & salt to mash them after you drained them, add a heaping bit of fresh smashed & very fine minced raw garlic to sweat/cook in the residual heat. Blend in well. It gives them a really nice extra savory kick & you can’t really taste the garlic. It sets off turkey & gravy you serve the taters with too.
My son in Peoria does this and it is excellent! Good recipe, Mrs. C!

Reactions: Mrs Cooper
I think I’ve got that same edition and one of the older ones with the red, white, and black plaid covers.

I think I’ll try to find my GF’s fabulous pear bundt cake (with caramel frosting). I love it for Fall. I think it was a Southern Living recipe. Once I find it I’ll post it.

I would urge anyone who likes to bake to make one. It’s kind of like a cross between a zucchini bread and a pound cake. The recipe though has walnuts or pecans so have to be mindful of allergies?

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
I love to cook. And I do have that old Betty Crocker Cookbook.

This year I’m doing some oyster stuffing. And a sweet potato pie for sure. Deep fried turkey as per a son-in-law’s special request.

Reactions: Paintman