Thunderbird Attack

These Thunderbird sightings are amazing. There is often more than one witness. What are these people seeing?

These Thunderbird sightings are amazing. There is often more than one witness. What are these people seeing?

I believe that there are creatures still present in our time from way back in history. We just have not officially found them yet. Not necessarily the prehistoric era (although there could be survivors somewhere out there on our planet that we have yet to discover), but certainly from the times of, say, Native America.

Native Americans often depicted large birds in drawings and symbolising them on artefacts, such as drums and totem poles:

0d890e6b5fb08ced478be45d63d0be10.jpg
49248ead385c4a9e8ff2c75f321cd0d0.jpg

Said to appear at the onset of severe thunderstorms, they were associated with being the deliverer of both life and death.

Zoologists today categorize Thunderbirds as mythical creatures. However, there is plenty of fossil evidence to prove that huge birds did, at one time, fill our skies. Teratornis, a family of (so we believe) extinct birds of prey and of which, two species are actually known to have existed - Teratornis Merriami and Teratornis Woodburnensis, were common in both North and South America and had wingspans of between 12 and 18 feet. What if these birds are what Native Americans saw and recorded? And what IF they are not actually as extinct as we thought they were?

Then you have Argentavis. With a wingspan estimated at seven meters across,‭ ‬Argentavis were approximately twice the size of the largest flying bird today‭ (‬which is the Wandering Albatross‭)‬,‭ ‬and only the long-extinct pterosaurs could have rivalled and exceeded it in size.

argentavis-size.jpg

The problem is, though, these 'mammoths' of the sky rarely match the description of the Thunderbird as given by witnesses. And there have been a lot of witnesses to these phenomena. Descriptions given of the Thunderbird are more leant towards some form of Pterosaur, but as we know (.....), they have been extinct for thousands of years.

In the conspiracy theorist world, we have to consider if some 'mad scientist' on some distant island has created their very own 'Jurassic Park', reverse engineering DNA to give life to living creatures from times gone and simply, one (or more than one) has escaped? Or, does this give credence to the 'hollow Earth' theory and these creatures have appeared from the depths of our very own planet?

From a paranormal standpoint, we have to consider thought forms, which I recently posted about. Could this phenomenon simply be a 'living creation' born of the human mind? Or are they somewhat related (and potential evidence?) to the theory of the 'block universe' where it is believed that the past, present and future actually coexist and through slips in the 'block', or portals opening, we catch glimpses of things that we deem as time-travellers (not all time-travellers have to be human under the 'block universe' theory)?

Whatever the reason behind the sightings, these creatures continue to baffle us, as do sightings of werewolves, Bigfoot and other cryptids that roam our plane of existence. There is so much about our Universe, and humanity itself, that we just do not understand nor can comprehend and, potentially, never will.

I believe that there are creatures still present in our time from way back in history. We just have not officially found them yet. Not necessarily the prehistoric era (although there could be survivors somewhere out there on our planet that we have yet to discover), but certainly from the times of, say, Native America.

Native Americans often depicted large birds in drawings and symbolising them on artefacts, such as drums and totem poles:

View attachment 34449 View attachment 34450

Said to appear at the onset of severe thunderstorms, they were associated with being the deliverer of both life and death.

Zoologists today categorize Thunderbirds as mythical creatures. However, there is plenty of fossil evidence to prove that huge birds did, at one time, fill our skies. Teratornis, a family of (so we believe) extinct birds of prey and of which, two species are actually known to have existed - Teratornis Merriami and Teratornis Woodburnensis, were common in both North and South America and had wingspans of between 12 and 18 feet. What if these birds are what Native Americans saw and recorded? And what IF they are not actually as extinct as we thought they were?

Then you have Argentavis. With a wingspan estimated at seven meters across,‭ ‬Argentavis were approximately twice the size of the largest flying bird today‭ (‬which is the Wandering Albatross‭)‬,‭ ‬and only the long-extinct pterosaurs could have rivalled and exceeded it in size.

View attachment 34451

The problem is, though, these 'mammoths' of the sky rarely match the description of the Thunderbird as given by witnesses. And there have been a lot of witnesses to these phenomena. Descriptions given of the Thunderbird are more leant towards some form of Pterosaur, but as we know (.....), they have been extinct for thousands of years.

In the conspiracy theorist world, we have to consider if some 'mad scientist' on some distant island has created their very own 'Jurassic Park', reverse engineering DNA to give life to living creatures from times gone and simply, one (or more than one) has escaped? Or, does this give credence to the 'hollow Earth' theory and these creatures have appeared from the depths of our very own planet?

From a paranormal standpoint, we have to consider thought forms, which I recently posted about. Could this phenomenon simply be a 'living creation' born of the human mind? Or are they somewhat related (and potential evidence?) to the theory of the 'block universe' where it is believed that the past, present and future actually coexist and through slips in the 'block', or portals opening, we catch glimpses of things that we deem as time-travellers (not all time-travellers have to be human under the 'block universe' theory)?

Whatever the reason behind the sightings, these creatures continue to baffle us, as do sightings of werewolves, Bigfoot and other cryptids that roam our plane of existence. There is so much about our Universe, and humanity itself, that we just do not understand nor can comprehend and, potentially, never will.
Nice synopsis of the topic Titch. I am not on board with the thought form theory because I believe it would take too much energy yo make a flesh and blood creature. However the other theories are possibilities in my opinion.

I am confident that any physical contest between myself and a bird with a 12-foot wingspan would not end well for the bird. But no giant Moas. They had no wings but didn't need them, lol. Massive ground-dwelling birds with the weight of a horse. But humans ate them into extinction so apparently they weren't monstrous enough. Do Thunderbirds taste like chicken?

Yes, I will almost certainly get scratched up and if not careful, flayed open from talons, but a 12-foot wingspan bird is only going to weigh as much as a medium-sized dog, at most. Give me a baseball bat and the bird would not be recognizable in short order.

I think the woman in the story was probably being chased by a large raptor, nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe even some bird that was rehabilitated from injury and then returned to the wild, so it wasn't so frightened of humans?

Sizes always seem to get bigger in terrified hindsight.

Reactions: Debi