Thrills or peace and quiet?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Do you like to go fast? Do you like to river raft in white water? Would you jump out of a plane? How about riding roller coasters? Do you like a good scare? Ever done something that was just for the risk and fun of it? If given a chance, is there something you'd LIKE to do you haven't dared try yet? What are some of your biggest thrill seeker moments?

Are you a thrill seeker and what gets your blood pumpin' and adrenaline flowing?

Or are you someone who prefers peace, quiet, and a heart rate that stays low? ;)

Last edited:
I am not one to take unnecessary risks and am probably in the middle. I like adventure and spent my youth riding horses which comes with a lot of risk. I hate roller-coaster though. So maybe the fun has to out weigh the chance of dying lol.

Last edited:
I'm a bit of both. I used to do things like rock climbing, rappelling, mountain biking and a lot of off-roading when I had my truck. I don't really do these thing now but that's more because I had to shift my focus to kids and family. But I'd still happily go out and do these things again.

On the other side I perfectly happy sitting on the couch with a book, sipping an adult beverage, listening to music. I like to go for a run early in the morning, down by the lake so I can watch the sun rise with nobody else around. Sometimes I sit outside at night and just look up at the stars.

As for things I haven't done yet; ever since I can remember I've had a reoccurring dream about skydiving. It's not something I've ever done but I've been literally dreaming about it since at least grade school. I'd like to actually do it but it seems like the kind of experience I should share with someone. And every time I tell anyone about skydiving the answer is "Nope!"

I'm a bit of both. I used to do things like rock climbing, rappelling, mountain biking and a lot of off-roading when I had my truck. I don't really do these thing now but that's more because I had to shift my focus to kids and family. But I'd still happily go out and do these things again.

On the other side I perfectly happy sitting on the couch with a book, sipping an adult beverage, listening to music. I like to go for a run early in the morning, down by the lake so I can watch the sun rise with nobody else around. Sometimes I sit outside at night and just look up at the stars.

As for things I haven't done yet; ever since I can remember I've had a reoccurring dream about skydiving. It's not something I've ever done but I've been literally dreaming about it since at least grade school. I'd like to actually do it but it seems like the kind of experience I should share with someone. And every time I tell anyone about skydiving the answer is "Nope!"
We are very similar in this respect, middle people lol. I had the chance to go skydiving in my 20's. The guy I worked for owned an airport (small local), and his son was a member, and a pilot of a group called the Parahawks. They tried to get me to take the leap several times and I didn't accept. Sadly they had a terrible accident and several of them perished. i can't remember the details anymore but at the time it was pretty terrible. It is not for the faint of heart. I considered this an unnecessary risk. I didn't want it bad enough to make it worth it.

We are very similar in this respect, middle people lol. I had the chance to go skydiving in my 20's. The guy I worked for owned an airport (small local), and his son was a member, and a pilot of a group called the Parahawks. They tried to get me to take the leap several times and I didn't accept. Sadly they had a terrible accident and several of them perished. i can't remember the details anymore but at the time it was pretty terrible. It is not for the faint of heart. I considered this an unnecessary risk. I didn't want it bad enough to make it worth it.
That is so sad. My Peoria son and his wife both went skydiving...twice...before they had children. They didn't tell me until AFTER they had done this, as they know my extreme fear of heights. I can't even get on a step stool without getting vertigo! I once crawled back to the elevator on the (very open) second floor of the museum in Chicago. The Grand Canyon made me dizzy and I had to view it waaay back from the edge. You get the idea.

That is so sad. My Peoria son and his wife both went skydiving...twice...before they had children. They didn't tell me until AFTER they had done this, as they know my extreme fear of heights. I can't even get on a step stool without getting vertigo! I once crawled back to the elevator on the (very open) second floor of the museum in Chicago. The Grand Canyon made me dizzy and I had to view it waaay back from the edge. You get the idea.
Here’s the article. I worked next door at the engineering co as one of the office girls. I forgot it was the whole plane that went down. It was a long time ago. 10 deaths and an experienced pilot too. My boss owned the airport.

Here’s the article. I worked next door at the engineering co as one of the office girls. I forgot it was the whole plane that went down. It was a long time ago. 10 deaths and an experienced pilot too. My boss owned the airport.
That had to have such an impact on you! So very sad.

I'll stay on my couch, thanks.

That had to have such an impact on you! So very sad.

I'll stay on my couch, thanks.
I was moved into another job at the time but it still was a shock. I only knew the bosses son but I heard the many stories of the fun things they got up to.

I like calm and quiet, but love thrills! I get bored now and if my wife would let me go back overseas full time I'd be gone! I'm missing out on all the fun!
My excitement now is my 2024 suzuki gsxr 750.
1000001999.jpg

Last edited: