Thor is now a woman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my! Yeah, tats ya gotta be real sure of! Did he even try to have it removed or is he still living with it??
We actually, as good friends should, just gave him a whole lot of razzing about how we're so proud of him... how it was about time he made the move.... etc., etc.... you know, nice supporting friends we are. :p

Actually he does still have it. I guess there was an "esccape clause" built in for things like this. I don't follow comics at all, but I guess the Green Lantern came out as it were, but then it turned out that was in only one universe, and it the other universe(s)? he is not gay. So problem solved, he can be supporting his other Green Lantern.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
:eek: I thought this site was PG??
Actually, speaking of gay men and characters, I think it's about time this character came out - - - - Come on - fastidiously cleans things, wears clean white clothes all the time, earring in the ear..... (not that there's anything wrong with that).

upload_2014-7-18_16-39-28.jpeg
upload_2014-7-18_16-40-5.jpeg

Actually, speaking of gay men and characters, I think it's about time this character came out - - - - Come on - fastidiously cleans things, wears clean white clothes all the time, earring in the ear..... (not that there's anything wrong with that).

View attachment 424 View attachment 425
LOL! (Earring's in the wrong ear, Roy! At least according to a gay friend of mine!)

Reactions: Seahunter
I thought of that, but maybe he's looking in a mirror so it is the other ear - it's all subliminal advertising run amok.
The one thing I've found out about comics since posting this thread: It's a world where you can make anything happen! Men become women, skin color changes at whim, universes come and go, and if you wish it to be it shall be! And now Surge went and hooked me on a comic so even my reality changed!

The one thing I've found out about comics since posting this thread: It's a world where you can make anything happen! Men become women, skin color changes at whim, universes come and go, and if you wish it to be it shall be! And now Surge went and hooked me on a comic so even my reality changed!
Comics are undeniably a huge phenomenon. I can see the draw, I just never got into it. About as close as I got to comics was TV versions like Batman, the Green Hornet, etc. Oh, and I did read Mad Magazine as a kid. Even as a kid I primarily was interested in reading non-fiction about different places and people and history - I was a nerd that way - just not with comics.

So what did Surge introduce you to??

Comics are undeniably a huge phenomenon. I can see the draw, I just never got into it. About as close as I got to comics was TV versions like Batman, the Green Hornet, etc. Oh, and I did read Mad Magazine as a kid. Even as a kid I primarily was interested in reading non-fiction about different places and people and history - I was a nerd that way - just not with comics.

So what did Surge introduce you to??
The little devil knows I'm a fool for dystopian fiction and told me to try Y: The Last Man. See, I'm the type that must know the ending if I start reading, and now I'm hooked. Who knew they made dystopian comics? And it's available on Kindle, which makes it nice and easy for me to just order away! He sucked me in by knowing my weaknesses! lol

Okay, so like a lot of the science fiction books and movies where things have gone horribly wrong - like Escape from New York, Waterworld, Madmaxx, etc.??

I just ran across the term "steampunk" the other day. It sounds like that would fall in with dystopian fiction too.

Okay, so like a lot of the science fiction books and movies where things have gone horribly wrong - like Escape from New York, Waterworld, Madmaxx, etc.??

I just ran across the term "steampunk" the other day. It sounds like that would fall in with dystopian fiction too.
Yup...that would be dystopian. Some of the newer stuff is Wool, The Long Road, or Angela White's Life After War series. My favorites are The Stand and Swan Song. Not familiar with the steampunk label...will have to look that one up for a true definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.