Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

If money were no object, would you buy this house and :
Do you
1) live in it,
2) rent it out, or
3) open it up as a public attraction ?​

I'd go with 3 as well. The house used in the original Halloween has been declared a historical landmark and a mini Michael Myers museum in it.

Nightmare On Elm Street is a classic horror movie and a building that is so iconic to its very core should be preserved and opened to the public.

Of course, it would have to be "Freddied" up a bit :)

Everyone wants to decorate this place! lol Anyone wish to share decor ideas? How would you make this house fun?

Reactions: garnetsilver
There is a house in Gary Indiana that was featured A Nightmare on Elm Street. The movie people had to pour in hundreds of thousands of dollars into that block. Just to make it look like a nightmare.

Everyone wants to decorate this place! lol Anyone wish to share decor ideas? How would you make this house fun?
I'd put memorabilia in the front room, maybe life sized Freddy and Nancy figures like in a Hollywood wax museum where people can take a picture with the characters. Some fun Easter egg type things would be the sledge hammer booby trap mounted above the door as people walk in and a display case that's labeled as the original glove weapon from the first movie, but the case would be empty because that original glove famously disappeared off the set and it's whereabouts are unknown.

Upstairs I would have Nancy's room decorated like in the movie including the phone that has Freddy's mouth as the receiver. If possible I'd like to take out the wall at the head of the bed and replace it with a rubber sheet so that people can recreate this scene.

1635255443107.png

3 - I'd open it up as public attraction. I'd more than make back my 3.5 million investment and I could hire tour guides without ever really needing to be there too often. Despite never having seen much if any of the films, I wouldn't want to endure any more time there than I had to much less spend the night :p