Thin Places

Donna C

Reaction score
Hello all - this is my first post. I hope it's in the right place.

Thin places are generally considered to be places where the distance between heaven and earth is thinner and as such, places where we can glimpse heaven or at least feel a strong spiritual sense.

Are there such places that lead the other way? To hell or some other unpleasant reality? It seems logical that some equal and opposite would exist.

Reactions: 7Critter
Are there such places that lead the other way? To hell or some other unpleasant reality? It seems logical that some equal and opposite would exist.
Hi Donna and welcome. Excellent question.

In my opinion and experience, when we speak of the veil thinning, we are speaking of the energy barrier to all other realms thinning. Thus, we reach what we seek. And if one is not careful in that seeking, you fought what your brought when you sought. I'm using the rhyming for a reason...it helps us remember there are always dangers when we reach out to the other side in an unprotected state.

Reactions: Donna C
My point of view on this is somewhat along the lines of Michael Tymn's recent blog entry, entitled "How the Eiffel Tower is like the spirit world". I don't think it's a matter of particular physical places being closer to the spiritual world - the proximity to the spirit world is determined by the state high or low of the mind and soul of the human attempting to communicate, the state of the minds and souls of the discarnates, and the spiritual distance measured by the difference in "frequency" (a poor metaphor) between the two.

"As I understand it, the spirit world is shaped something like the Eiffel Tower, having a broad base and gradually narrowing to the top. As spirits advance toward the top, it becomes more and more difficult for them to communicate with the physical world. This is because such communication is a matter of vibrational frequency. To put it another way, the less-advanced, or less-evolved, spirits are closer in vibration to those of us in the physical world and therefore can communicate more effectively with us than advanced spirits.

If the Eiffel Tower is a valid simile, most spirits, or souls, it seems, are hovering, not far above the esplanade at ground level. Earthbound souls are in something of a stupor, struggling to keep their feet on the ground, while slightly more developed souls are striving to make it to the first-floor observation deck at 187 feet. Those who are have reached the first deck have a better view of things than those below them, but it is still mostly a local view. They are within shouting distance of those still on the esplanade, but it requires a loud voice and harmonious wind conditions for those on the ground to hear them. Only a few of them have voices strong enough to be distinctly heard by those on the ground and often those on the ground catch only a few words and just get the gist of the message."

The group soul called “Silver Birch,” which communicated through the mediumship of Englishman Maurice Barbanell explained that

"....the lower-level spirit is (not) earthbound or evil in any way, it is only that he or she is not all that spiritually evolved. On the other hand, there are indications that advanced spirits can temporarily come down to a lower vibration to do missionary work with those who those who have “spiritual ears” and to assist in communication."

I myself am not so sure of the universal truth of this last mediumistic communication.

Last edited: