Theory on Nazca Lines

I read the article and I think they are forgetting to answer the big question , Everyone knows these were built by people, The question is WHY ? Was it a ritual place where shamans worked? Was it some inititation spot? Ive read that the indigenous people that live in that area arent sure what they are used for.

I read the article and I think they are forgetting to answer the big question , Everyone knows these were built by people, The question is WHY ? Was it a ritual place where shamans worked? Was it some inititation spot? Ive read that the indigenous people that live in that area arent sure what they are used for.
So 2500 years from now, future man will be asking WHY places they find from our time were built. I'm thinking things like drive-in movie sites, go kart tracks, skeet ranges, etc. will mystify out descendants. God knows what they'll make of bowling alleys.

Great point Duke! The same can be said of what was meant in some of our literature. What will future generations that are far removed from our time make of books like Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath or Bram Stoker's Dracula? Will they believe that beings like vampires really existed at one time or that the dust bowl and the depression were ever-present factors in American life, rather than a moments in time that eventually passed? Will they conclude that the current climate crisis means that we went through one long drought from the 1930's through the early 21st century? It's really hard to tell what "ancient peoples" had in mind when they did the things they did and said the things they said. Sometimes the explanations that aren't that exciting are the most logical.

Reactions: Walking Goose
The article had no proof of anything. We assume people made them but I haven’t heard evidence only theories and assumptions.