Their Money?... My Money?... Who's Money?

Yeah i don't know their motivation. I always thought the effort they put into begging they could just go find a job and not have to beg. I have never asked for a cent from anyone in my life. If i didn't have it, i did without. I think to some it is easier to beg than to work for it. Sad really.
I got every job I applied for but one, and that was for a job I was blatently unqualified for, but just gave it a shot. Most are not so lucky and some just get passed over. (I know one job I got had over a hundred applicants and only two of us got hired.) The worst thing is that if you have a gap in your employment history it's a red flag to prospective employers and so it sets up a vicious cycle. Some people just become unemployable through no fault of their own. I hate having to rely on handouts, but I got really ill and so I have no choice. I hate it, but it is what it is. We don't get to choose everything in life. Life is a bastard sometimes. No need for us to be as bad as that.

I got every job I applied for but one, and that was for a job I was blatently unqualified for, but just gave it a shot. Most are not so lucky and some just get passed over. (I know one job I got had over a hundred applicants and only two of us got hired.) The worst thing is that if you have a gap in your employment history it's a red flag to prospective employers and so it sets up a vicious cycle. Some people just become unemployable through no fault of their own. I hate having to rely on handouts, but I got really ill and so I have no choice. I hate it, but it is what it is. We don't get to choose everything in life. Life is a bastard sometimes. No need for us to be as bad as that.
I absolutely agree. Some life hands them a raw deal. I have seen it. There are a plethora of programs and facilities around here that offer help to get lives back on track. I have been blessed with a career that keeps me afloat even during bad times. My heart goes out to those who are in that muck. It's the other small percentage that takes away from those who truly need help that saddens me.

Reactions: Paintman and Benway
They had a news investigation in our tri-state area on people like that. The news crew followed the 'homeless/poor' person around a corner to their Mercedes.
Years ago I was in El Paso when one of the local television stations did a report on an organized panhandling operation. They followed a van around the city as it dropped off the panhandlers, then followed the same van late in the day as they were picked up.