The Strange Case of Fae

This was an interesting story. It happened so long ago it’s hard to say if the story came down correctly. The elemental beings are an interesting topic.

That was a real good read! Sounds like she had a great imagination. If I ever got to see a strange or magical world, and then go back never to see ngk it again, drive me crazy.

Reactions: Paintman
Ohioscot , hi !
Ohio is well representative on this forum . And I have a college friend that lives in the Dayton area. When I visit him we would go to Cincinnati Reds games and the Bengals training camp.

Reactions: Lynne and Ohioscot
I'm with Lynne on the fact that this happened too long ago for there to be a reasonable expectation of accuracy. Who knows how much embellishment there has been over the centuries since this occurred. It may be another Mary Celeste vs Marie Celeste situation, where there is an actual occurrence but also works of fiction that are "inspired by real events".

However this story does remind me a bit of Roan Mountain. There have been a number of disappearances in that area where the person is either never found, a body is found in a location or condition that doesn't make much sense, are found alive but with no clear memory of where they have been or in the case of an 8 year old boy their story is too fantastic to be believable.

This 8 year old was camping with his parents, went to a nearby stream and disappeared. The family went to the law enforcement for help and a massive search party was formed. Search dogs were used but lost the scent in the middle of nowhere, which is also common in these incidents. Police, local hunters and even the US military were out looking for this kid for over a week.

Then one day the kid shows up in the middle of a berry patch about two minutes less from where he disappeared, which was an area that had been thoroughly searched. He was not dehydrated or malnourished and showed no signs of hypothermia. He claims that he saw his grandfather in the woods drinking, the grandfather took him to a nearby cabin and he stayed there hanging out and playing games until the grandfather told him it was time to leave. At which point the kid walked out of the cabin sat down and was found shortly afterwards.

The weird part is that both of this kids grandfathers we're deceased at the time and the many search parties that combed that area never saw a cabin. The park rangers said they had no record of a cabin in that area and a subsequent search was not able to find this cabin.

Not long afterwards a grown man was camping with some friends not too far away from where this kid disappeared. He went off into the woods and wasn't seen again until several days later where he was found wrapped up in a curtain for warmth. He didn't remember much except wandering around without clothes and finding a cabin. He went in to get warm but there was nobody inside so he grabbed a curtain from the window to wrap around himself and left.

Reactions: Debi and Lynne
I'm with Lynne on the fact that this happened too long ago for there to be a reasonable expectation of accuracy. Who knows how much embellishment there has been over the centuries since this occurred. It may be another Mary Celeste vs Marie Celeste situation, where there is an actual occurrence but also works of fiction that are "inspired by real events".

However this story does remind me a bit of Roan Mountain. There have been a number of disappearances in that area where the person is either never found, a body is found in a location or condition that doesn't make much sense, are found alive but with no clear memory of where they have been or in the case of an 8 year old boy their story is too fantastic to be believable.

This 8 year old was camping with his parents, went to a nearby stream and disappeared. The family went to the law enforcement for help and a massive search party was formed. Search dogs were used but lost the scent in the middle of nowhere, which is also common in these incidents. Police, local hunters and even the US military were out looking for this kid for over a week.

Then one day the kid shows up in the middle of a berry patch about two minutes less from where he disappeared, which was an area that had been thoroughly searched. He was not dehydrated or malnourished and showed no signs of hypothermia. He claims that he saw his grandfather in the woods drinking, the grandfather took him to a nearby cabin and he stayed there hanging out and playing games until the grandfather told him it was time to leave. At which point the kid walked out of the cabin sat down and was found shortly afterwards.

The weird part is that both of this kids grandfathers we're deceased at the time and the many search parties that combed that area never saw a cabin. The park rangers said they had no record of a cabin in that area and a subsequent search was not able to find this cabin.

Not long afterwards a grown man was camping with some friends not too far away from where this kid disappeared. He went off into the woods and wasn't seen again until several days later where he was found wrapped up in a curtain for warmth. He didn't remember much except wandering around without clothes and finding a cabin. He went in to get warm but there was nobody inside so he grabbed a curtain from the window to wrap around himself and left.
These crazy disappearances often occur near water. The ones who come back are the lucky ones. Who knows where the missing ended up.

• Wow
Reactions: Stevedog and Debi