The Solar House investigation (Ongoing)

Tworivers71

Bigfoot Researcher
Reaction score
Ok. Sigh. The whole reason I came to this forum was the spooky abandoned solar house where I've been going to my families cabin since 1995. 2 years ago, Bruce and I decided to put some recorders in it "just to see" what happens at night in there. What we got was very unusual. Random loud bangs on the walls, stuf shuffling all about, etc. Last year, we got more serious and our results were nothing less than creepy! Sounds like bottles being dragged across the floor, even what sounds like tap dancing!
Scott has already said, he will not enter that house again . As many times as I've gone in there, if something wanted to attach, it had has 28 years to do so.
So, Bruce and i have decided to upppp the game even more! I will go up there, at the time when things get active and......sit, quietly....alone....in the dark for ONE>>>HOUR !!!! People. this will take nerves of Stainless Steel to do this!!
So, at what point do I "call it" and bail out post haste !?
Bangs on the wall should startle me, Stuf moving across the floor should startle me, Something coming at me, portal opening will have me exiting. Quickly! I will have 18 rounds of confidence with my Beretta APX 9 mm should something physical approach.
Recorders will be going before, and after I leave. It will be interesting to see what happens before I arrive, when I'm there, and if it really cranks up after I exit. I will post the day of and report the following day and when I return after we go thru all the audio. Hopefully, I will go in as Lon...... and come out as Lon !

The plan is to create a baseline. Recorders only...the 1st night. We will then place game cams the 2nd or 3rd night when I go sit in there. Here are a few snibbets of activity from last year to refresh ya'll....

The house......https://www.flickr.com/photos/197412420@N05/albums/72177720313435838/

Event4 - 4hrs39min
Event - 9hrs18min - Tapdancing 1 - 23 - 23 - Kitchen

I just listened to the recordings Lon, thanks for sharing. It sure does sound a little like tap dancing. Is this an open building, I don't know what you mean by a solar home, is it a green house? or a house powered by solar power? Is this next door to your cabin? Do you know the history or the people who own the property? Asking Chuck (GWU) about how to safely proceed might be a good idea, if you really want to do some investigative research into the paranormal activity. Do you have a purpose in going in other than curiosity? not a criticism, but you are taking a spiritual risk if this place does have an entity there. Also have you ruled out animals? Nighttime is when a lot of the critters will venture out of their hiding spots, especially in an open abandoned building. We will all be waiting to hear back on your results if you really decide to go through with this, there is no shame in changing your mind if it is just a curiosity.

That second "tap dancing" clip sounds an awful lot like our cat batting around my wife's makeup brush on the bathroom tile. Not sure what to make of it.

One thing I've often wondered is how these kinds of tapping or banging sounds are being made. The obvious answer is a physical object being struck against another physical object. In which case it would be possible to have video evidence of an object moving. A less obvious, less understood answer would be something being struck by unseen means. If an entity has the ability to interact with and move a physical object then it would stand to reason that they could interact with an object to make a tap, knock or bang. There is also a 3rd option which has occurred to me, what if the tapping noises are similar to EVP? Are we simply hearing sounds that have no physical origin?

cool.... dont be scared, go in thinking theres nothing to be afraid of, fearless....and see if that changes anything.... dont do the standard TV routine, just go in like its a regular house you bought and are exploring to see what needs to be upgraded/fixed. dont think "paranormal" at all.. set some cameras and recorders up and then go about the place in a regular way.... this is a good chance to test out a lot of theories and practices..... go in during the day also if possible, if activity is real it isnt confined to the darkness. and record it if you can, that could be a good video regardless of how it goes or what you find...good luck

Hopefully, I will go in as Lon...... and come out as Lon !
honestly, i think who you come out as depends on who you went in as.......... the old belief / saying, that evil has to be invited in, i think does have merit....but most dont consider that what is in our hearts or how we live our lives day to day, can be that invitation......... it doesnt just come down to opening up conversation or reaching out to the other side... trinkets or ceremonies can only go so far for protection, look deep within yourself and honestly decide if your ready......
but going through filming as though your there to remodel or move in is a good idea, see if something dosent want that to happen.......then run....lol, honestly though, ive never been in a place i couldnt have spent the night.. and i have been in some pretty creepy places....lol....just dont be scared from the git-go....

I just listened to the recordings Lon, thanks for sharing. It sure does sound a little like tap dancing. Is this an open building, I don't know what you mean by a solar home, is it a green house? or a house powered by solar power? Is this next door to your cabin? Do you know the history or the people who own the property? Asking Chuck (GWU) about how to safely proceed might be a good idea, if you really want to do some investigative research into the paranormal activity. Do you have a purpose in going in other than curiosity? not a criticism, but you are taking a spiritual risk if this place does have an entity there. Also have you ruled out animals? Nighttime is when a lot of the critters will venture out of their hiding spots, especially in an open abandoned building. We will all be waiting to hear back on your results if you really decide to go through with this, there is no shame in changing your mind if it is just a curiosity.
It was a 70's solar house. Powered by the sun! The same questions i asked yall when I came here. We just (out of curiosity) wanna know what the hell is going on in here. Could be...animals. Me sitting in there may shed some light as well as the game cams. I will be careful. I plan an escape plan! Wink!

That second "tap dancing" clip sounds an awful lot like our cat batting around my wife's makeup brush on the bathroom tile. Not sure what to make of it.

One thing I've often wondered is how these kinds of tapping or banging sounds are being made. The obvious answer is a physical object being struck against another physical object. In which case it would be possible to have video evidence of an object moving. A less obvious, less understood answer would be something being struck by unseen means. If an entity has the ability to interact with and move a physical object then it would stand to reason that they could interact with an object to make a tap, knock or bang. There is also a 3rd option which has occurred to me, what if the tapping noises are similar to EVP? Are we simply hearing sounds that have no physical origin?
Dude. the banging that goes on in this house is unreal. Also, there was hardly any wind movement. As you said, a physical sound has to be made by another. I have suggested that the "tapping" could possibly be Morse code? My going in there should say alot. Does it just stop with me in there? Does it ramp up? Or wait to ramp up after I exit? Just like I posted, recorders will be going in every corner of the house. I look forward to seeing and sharing the results. We have many......incidents! If you wanna hear more, or anyone email me,. Its much easier to attach than soundcloud.
Tworivers71@gmail.com.....

Last edited:
cool.... dont be scared, go in thinking theres nothing to be afraid of, fearless....and see if that changes anything.... dont do the standard TV routine, just go in like its a regular house you bought and are exploring to see what needs to be upgraded/fixed. dont think "paranormal" at all.. set some cameras and recorders up and then go about the place in a regular way.... this is a good chance to test out a lot of theories and practices..... go in during the day also if possible, if activity is real it isnt confined to the darkness. and record it if you can, that could be a good video regardless of how it goes or what you find...good luck
I like that. Alot. Dont put "fear" out there where something can sense it. Thanks!

As Lynne said, I would think that animals would be the first suspects. And, it may not be coming from inside but outside.
Thats what the 9mm will be for. If you look at the pics on flickr i added, the bedroom window is completely open to the elements. 75% of the worlds mammals are Nocturnal. Something may be living inside....