The Prophecy Project

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Prophecy Project – The Future Can Be Seen

The Estate of Ingo Swann is relaunching his Prophecy Project website. It was Ingo’s idea that there is an innate warning system within us all, with the goal of serving as a data warehouse available to all who wish to share their premonitions and/or to learn from them. So here is an open invitation to anyone who experiences dreams, premonitions, visions about future events to post them using the Premonitions page. It will be interesting to see how many are pan out.

The Law of Unintended Consequences

Self-fulfilling prophecies aside, if this were to actually work, you'd quickly abandon it, because you'd never actually knew it worked, because those events wouldn't happen. That's the best case. Worst case you'd go skipping right into a paradox.

Then there's the practical considerations. Anyone here ever played a game in God mode? It gets boring very, very quickly, and takes all meaning out of the experience. Beyond that, let's say it works for you. You are going to spend your entire life trying to "fix" things without understanding the greater implications. It sounds terrific to go back and spare Europe the Black Death - until you realize that it's the event that paved the way for the end of Feudalism and the expansion of personal rights and the middle class. You'll face multiple conflicting tasks where you have to make snap judgements on who to save and who to condemn, because now you have a personal stake in it. You are literally trying to play God, except you don't have the spiritual, physical, or intellectual capacity to do so.

Nor, in fact, do you have the credibility to do so. Ask Cassandra. Yet should you avoid her fate, then your only other options are to either become a tool of tyrants, or indeed the tyrant yourself - because if it can be abused by someone, it will be.

Those are some deep insights Ronin. And good ones. Maybe a modified for of prophecy? Tiny windows into mundane affairs. I get them sometimes in dreams.

I tend to agree that The Plan can’t be known for reasons of learning. But in situations where someone is lost or stuck, a minor prophecy could help.

Reactions: Debi
Those are some deep insights Ronin. And good ones. Maybe a modified for of prophecy? Tiny windows into mundane affairs. I get them sometimes in dreams.

I tend to agree that The Plan can’t be known for reasons of learning. But in situations where someone is lost or stuck, a minor prophecy could help.
On an individual level, I couldn't agree more. A personal insight or premonition is one thing, but trying to scale something like that to a societal level just can't end well. Scale is the other big thing I emphasize (along with my oft-mentioned 'perspective') when I discuss various issues and concept, and not just the spiritual. I've seen far too many good ideas go south because people couldn't grasp that things that work small don't necessarily work big. A perfect example of this that anyone reading these forums can grasp immediately is democracy as a form of decision-making. It is a wonderful tool when limited to a small population under very specific circumstances; for example, Athenian democracy never included more than 10% of the population, all of who had to meet certain ethnic and civic requirements before being allowed to participate. Once it passed a certain point, the idea of representation had to be introduced to make the system workable. Even then, both they and later the Romans had specific provisions for emergencies to appoint a Tyrant (Dictator in Rome) to handle governing in times of crisis.

Each of us has an obligation to try to do the best for ourselves, our fellow humans, and our planet as we can. But we always have to be careful that hubris doesn't consume us.

I’m into it. Let’s try a small mundane prophecy conversation here.

Well o.k.
Perhaps I was a bit quick to dismiss the idea.

My personal view is, Prophesy is possible and of course it does happen.
However, when we do it, we aren't seeing the future; instead, we often times are seeing only the present.
We are seeing an event that is only in the process of developing, not yet fully manifested in its physical form.

This is why so often, we don't fully recognise that which we are seeing.

The formless, beginning to take form. Thank you, xx

Well o.k.
Perhaps I was a bit quick to dismiss the idea.

My personal view is, Prophesy is possible and of course it does happen.
However, when we do it, we aren't seeing the future; instead, we often times are seeing only the present.
We are seeing an event that is only in the process of developing, not yet fully manifested in its physical form.

This is why so often, we don't fully recognise that which we are seeing.

The formless, beginning to take form. Thank you, xx
I don’t know... I’ll give you an example of prophecy. I had a dream once where some neighbors who I never dream about or even give a second thought to were planning some diabolical legal coup. The dream was very clear. They were in my kitchen confessing their plan to me, almost like asking for forgiveness in advance. It was around a water right we had on their property: our well in the creek that flows through their parcel’s corner. The dream was so clear that I could even see the details of the grain of wood in my cabinet doors.

The next day I got a rare phone call from one of them,,, inviting me to come supervise a tree a guy was falling near my well housing. They never asked my permission or oversight on anything they did near my well before. That plus the dream & my hackles were up. When I suggested that it was ok, that if there was any damage, their insurance would cover it, the woman became insistent that I personally be there. I declined & she hung up the phone with a defeated tone to her voice.

Then I found out later through another person they tried to rope into their scheme ( but who refused) that they were trying to get me down there, engage me in a conversation on their land, where it would then be legal to covertly record the conversation, to lure me into saying something that would compromise my water right. Then they planned to use that conversation to sue me to force me to abandon that right.

If I had not had the dream, I surely would’ve gone to oversee the tree falling because even with their insurance the complete hassle of replacing the well casing, pump house, plumbing & so forth would spur me to supervise the work closely. So my refusal was not anticipated by my neighbors. They thought they had me in the bag by my normal behavior.

The dream saved me a lot of grief potentially. They still try to extinguish my water right now & then. But this was their first clandestine attempt. After that I’ve become wise to any of their “ innocent” approaches.

Reactions: 7Critter