The last normal...

WitchAndShaman

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I got a haircut on the last day before lockdown. Either I get another one soon or I'm going to break-out the tie-dyed tee shirts and buy and old VW bus.
Hey GWU, I’ve been keeping track and it’s 56 weeks since my last cut. I’m going even more old school, I need a bear skin poncho and a spear cause I look like a caveman now.

garnetsilver

** May Member of the Month **
Reaction score
It's funny. I am thinking about how, at the very end of January last year, Covid was just more of a rumor. We were closing on our new house, and I was mourning my lovely cat. Then we got moved in, and in February I adopted Sheena and Zoey. If we had waited until even one month later, it would have been more difficult. The couple who delivered the cats would not have been allowed inside, and possibly the adoption would have been held up. I am so glad that things panned out the way that they did!

Lynne

Art Bell fan
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
It's funny. I am thinking about how, at the very end of January last year, Covid was just more of a rumor. We were closing on our new house, and I was mourning my lovely cat. Then we got moved in, and in February I adopted Sheena and Zoey. If we had waited until even one month later, it would have been more difficult. The couple who delivered the cats would not have been allowed inside, and possibly the adoption would have been held up. I am so glad that things panned out the way that they did!
When I look at the little things that have made life easier or happier just by chance or in the nick of time, I am a acutely aware there is divine orchestration.

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Getting made redundant :tearsofjoy: Not sure if classed as 'normal' though!
Please allow me to translate, "redundant" means "laid off" in American English. I got pretty good at this working with the BAe and RN folks. Watching Danger Mouse also helped. "Boffins" was the term I translated most to our people.

Last edited:

RoseRed

Reaction score
Being at work and the "boss" saying that the place would have to close down, probably for at least 3 months...