The Guf

It is sometimes spoken that there are soulless people walking around on this world - people devoid of what anyone would consider a conscience or empathy for others. I think it safe to say that this is a known phenomenon for many, many years, the only difference is that now it is more visible.

Then the Others came and incarnated here. But still there are people who carry out the most despicable acts. And then still stranger beings came to this world and took forms for themselves. And strife and pain continue to increase in scope and magnetude because there are soulless being walking around, despite the influx of entities from other places.

The room of Guf is empty.

I have heard it said that is why mothers kill their own children, they have no souls, those children.

Reactions: surge
When did it empty and how do you know it's been emptied? (This is not a challenge question....I'm truly curious)
I do not know when the room of Guf was first emptied. My hypothesis is based upon historical trends - wars and war crimes, murder rates, and atrocities (pubilcaly documented and otherwise). Things that I do not think could come to pass if people who had souls gave the orders or had command of their faculties. I further hypothesize that the increasing birthrate of this world influenced the rate at which the room of Guf ran dry. I suspect this also influenced the arrival of the Others in the late 1960s or early 1970s (more bodies to inhabit).

Reactions: Debi
I do not know when the room of Guf was first emptied. My hypothesis is based upon historical trends - wars and war crimes, murder rates, and atrocities (pubilcaly documented and otherwise). Things that I do not think could come to pass if people who had souls gave the orders or had command of their faculties. I further hypothesize that the increasing birthrate of this world influenced the rate at which the room of Guf ran dry. I suspect this also influenced the arrival of the Others in the late 1960s or early 1970s (more bodies to inhabit).
Sorry, got pulled away to real life and didn't get to answer right away.

Now, you mention "Others".....to whom/what do you refer? So far, your theory is quite interesting.