The Gospels According To Dawn

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
This would make a wonderful Easter gift for a loved one!

A modern woman living by a 1,500-year-old monastic rule brings contemporary audiences into the world of the Gospels with a compelling, down-to-earth, yet poetic style. Our Sister Dawn Annette shares stories from between the lines of the Gospels as her imagination glimpses characters and moments which fall just outside the text of the Gospels.

Learn more at http://www.monasterycreations.com/The-Gospel-Accor…/bkgd.htm

This book is written by my life long friend, The Reverand Mother Dawn Annette Mills. Just giving her a promo for a well written and interesting interpretation of the Gospels.

Oh, and if you are looking for some natural products, made with love, visit the site. Great stuff! Helps support the sisters.

Monastery Creations

Reactions: Mokey
That is so cool Debi. I bet you are feeling pretty proud of that wonderful woman.
Now I need to go look at the products.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Oh, and if you are looking for some natural products, made with love, visit the site. Great stuff! Helps support the sisters.

Monastery Creations

This reminds me of a convent Mrs Duke and I visited outside of Limerick, Ireland back in the early 90s. There were just a handful of elderly nuns left, but they supported themselves by handcrafting and selling various lace items. These kind, gentle woman produced absolutely beautiful doilies, collars, veils, curtains etc. We bought a set of four small doilies, each depicting a different Celtic cross. They are framed and hanging in our home.

We went back to the site several years later, but it sat empty and abandoned.

Last edited:
This reminds me of a convent Mrs Duke and I visited outside of Limerick, Ireland back in the early 90s. There were just a handful of elderly nuns left, but they supported themselves by handcrafting and selling various lace items. These kind, gentle woman produced absolutely beautiful doilies, collars, veils, curtains etc. We bought a set of four small doilies, each depicting a different Celtic cross. They are framed and hanging in our home.

We went back to the site several years later, but it sat empty and abandoned.
Many of the convents are downsizing their convent holdings. This group had a Tuscon convent that they just sold so now are based soley out of the one in MO. Not enough coming in the doors to replace the ones aging out. But kind, gentle souls these nuns are for sure.

Reactions: Paintman
This would make a wonderful Easter gift for a loved one!

A modern woman living by a 1,500-year-old monastic rule brings contemporary audiences into the world of the Gospels with a compelling, down-to-earth, yet poetic style. Our Sister Dawn Annette shares stories from between the lines of the Gospels as her imagination glimpses characters and moments which fall just outside the text of the Gospels.

Learn more at http://www.monasterycreations.com/The-Gospel-Accor…/bkgd.htm

This book is written by my life long friend, The Reverand Mother Dawn Annette Mills. Just giving her a promo for a well written and interesting interpretation of the Gospels.
WOW I hoped it was from her

Sister Dawn Annette

dawn_portress_banner.jpg

Reactions: Mokey
Our Sister Dawn Annette shares stories from between the lines of the Gospels

What a wonderful idea. There is so much more to the Gospels than simply the words written down. So many people, believers and non believers alike, get caught up in the literal words and miss what is actually being said.

Reactions: Duke
Is this your friend debi ?
Yes, that's my friend since I was a child. We are still best friends. We both had an interest in the supernatural/paranormal. She became a nun....and you know me! lol This woman of great faith can worship in a Wiccan Circle, walk labyrinths, read tarot and meet the Pope (which she just recently did.) A great lesson we both shared was learning not to let semantics get in the way. If you can reach across to others in faith, whatever that may be, you reach others with Love and Light from within. God will be whoever or whatever you need HIm/Her to be. We are all the children of The One.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Paintman