The Future of Midnight in the Desert and Dark Matter Radio Network

If Keith would have started a membership shortly after the network started. And made shows come to his network like another former network I was on.

They should have been grooming a fill in /weekend host. And if they had art could have had the flu and missed a week while this all got investigated and settled. Without any of us being wiser.

I knew they were in trouble went I was told I tweet too much.

I too was told to let the experts handle it.
I did contact Keith with some suggestions.
Obviously some serious errors were made.
Adding weekend shows was likely too much extra work for Keith.
It is no fun working too hard for very little pay.
Every start-up has to do that.
However looking forward, rather than backward, it is not too late to fix the DMRN model to make a profit, if direct broadcasting is achieved to a large audience to allow DMRN to prosper with ad revenue, without the bandwidth and broadcast radio monopolies taking away all that revenue themselves.

Partial Listener hardware ownership is a good part of the solution because then the listener has skin in the game and will naturally promote the network.

With Best Regards,
PlasmonPolariton

I think producing it yourself gets you exactly the product you want to deliver to the audience and should be encouraged as the norm. It also creates a clean copyright.
With Best Regards,
PlasmonPolariton

It appears the radio stations do NOT want Heather's show. Here are the latest updates...

12-14 UPDATE: I will run Midnight in the Desert w/Heather Wade on the Dark Matter Digital Network Internet stream for the next 30 days minimum. She will be in Art’s same time slot.

12-14 UPDATE: I’m obligated to continue feeding the terrestrial affiliate stations for the next 30 days, I will be feeding replays of Art Bell’s archives, to the affiliates over the XDS satellite system at the same time Heather will be in the Internet station.

I really feel bad that the above advice I read was not viewed as helpful (as opposed to meddlesome by those it was offered..)
I feel the advice offered free of charge and NOT with a "string" or "hidden" agenda....was sadly, very sadly, discarded....WITHOUT proper consideration.
note
Dr J (Art's origonal producer) is new and his guests bookings are much better than Art's producer(s) have managed...my opinon...but, WHY is that ?
just my opinion
BUT, could the difficulty of working with "my way or the highway" Art be a BIG reason for this whole cluster.......?
Those "advisors" of Art, "that made his cut, were really NO HELP to him in the end...
were they ??
I DO feel sorry for Keith, as I feel he has really overworked himself to make his end of the operation to work...perhaps NOW he can sit back and reevaluate his business model...reflect on past advice...and move forward.

Reactions: jadamz and Debi
Keith knew going in it was a risk. A big one. The fault of this comes right back to Art's lap, IMO. He's been in the business a long time. You kinda nailed it with the my way or the highway part there. And he was getting some negative but honest feedback, which he addressed in his last show.

Last edited:
I know quite a few people who stopped their time traveler scripts before this even came up.

Reactions: jadamz