The fine art of...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
TRIMMING THE TREE! I AM HEARING THAT YOUR TREES ARE GOING UP, AND THIS IS THE PLACE TO SHARE THEM IF YOU WISH!
IN THE PAST, MY SON HAS HAD ISSUES IF THE TREE ISN'T "BALANCED" AND THE ORNAMENTS JUST RIGHT. ARE YOU ONE WITH THIS DISORDER? OR ARE YOU THE LAYED BACK TYPE OF TREE DECORATOR?

46895081_1714917885329700_6483433509053530112_n (Small).jpg

Reactions: Armand
well, im not sure kellie might but i took over the tree i told her it was mine so maybe.

I just throw it on there lol. I was always so busy with work and the home it was like one more chore. Now that I’m retired I may take a little more care.

Not a perfect placement person. I do like ornaments and lights spaced out. The back of the tree ( the side facing a corner or wall) will not get as many decorations. The angel on top must face the room. Electrical connections and wiring must be covered.

Reactions: Lynne
It's a funny situation in my household. When I was still really young, we would have a medium sized tree fully decorated. But over time it just became a hassle to set up and put away, so we got a smaller tree that came with LED/fibre lights that changed colour. We just had to add a few decorations to it. That broke after a few years so we got an even smaller tree that had a few decorations sitting on the table in the middle of the lounge. This year we didn't even have a tree, but instead we bought about 6 small packs of Christmas lights and wrapped them around the some of the large house plants. Even without house plants it looked really awesome. Below is one example (excuse the bucket, we were still prepping everything):

IMG_20181224_234858.jpg

Reactions: Lynne