The Breathing Earth (video)

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Man films the ground 'breathing in and out' - Unexplained Mysteries

New footage has emerged showing the ground literally heaving up and down within a forest in Canada.
Filmed on a mobile phone by Brian Nuttall at Apple River in Nova Scotia, the strange phenomenon creates the impression that the forest is 'breathing' in and out in an eerily rhythmic manner.

The footage has been viewed over three million times since appearing on social media and has been described as "creepy and scary" with some users unwilling to even watch to the end.

Mr Nuttall however maintains that there is a simple explanation for the ground's movement.

"I believe the larger trees are doomed to blow down but are currently spared, the smaller trees around them help hold each other up, as the wind pushes the trees into one another," he said.

"The punishing prevailing winds have taken their toll on the side hill, the roots have loosened and the mossy ground from the once shaded forest floor are giving way, soon to be toppled over."

What do you think? Real? Faked?

I think that its real. I can see how the wind blowing the tops of trees could cause pressure at the root structure of a tree, causing the ground to "breathe". It would totally freak me out to be walking in the woods and see or feel the earth moving.

Reactions: Debi