The best....

Maybe she should author - and edit - her own cooking magazine Duke. Impressive skill to be able to toss stuff together like that. I try it all the time and it ends up just tasting like a bowl of the separate ingredients instead of a real layered and melded taste.

With her there are hits and misses as well, but far more of the former than the latter. What's particularly impressive is her knowledge of spices and what they will add to various dishes. As for writing/editing a cookbook or magazine of her own, she wouldn't have the patience.

I like almost any dessert and couldn’t pick out one best one. Chocolate mud cake was quite memorable but I couldn’t give think of any particular dessert being the best.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
kaymak buffalo clotted cream and honey

Reactions: Debi
My wife used to be an editor for that magazine, but then again so did a couple hundred others. Always sounded impressive, until you saw the magazine and the list of "editors".

The wife must own a hundred cookbooks, but I've only seen her use a cookbook maybe 3-4 time in the 25 years we've been married. She makes everything from scratch, and never the same way twice. Everything is a function of what she has on hand. I've seen her go through the pantry and frig and pull stuff out that was expiring and/or had small amounts left, take stock of everything, then whip up something. She grew up on a farm, and her Dad was a former WWII PoW. No food, or potential ingredient thereof, was wasted or left to go bad in that household.
You are truly blessed.

Bananas Foster made table side.