The best part of summer.....

For me, summer used to mean fun....now it means work. Grow the veggies, can the veggies, sweat while doing so. And let's not forget the asthma issues during summer! :eek: Yeah, I'm a Fall/Winter kind of girl, actually! :)
I'm a fall/winter person so my summers are spent hiding from allergies, the sun/heat and mosquitoes. :dizzy:

Summer nights are a great time to be nocturnal, though.
I'm like Ma and Postergeist - definitely a Fall/Winter guy. I love October and November, when the hot Summer is finally gone. I went to college in an agricultural area, and just loved the campus in the Fall, with all the beautiful colors. I really like going to Fall festivals too, like this really neat scarecrow festival I used to go to.

Reactions: Debi
LOL, Debi says that her elementals better not see what I give mine or there will be a riot! I usually get them pastries, cake and cookies and say something rhyming and nice, but yesterday I was pressed for time and stressed out. Not enough hours in the day!
I'm gonna slip into an elemental suit and hang out at your place! Think you can throw in some coffee with those pastries?

Reactions: Debi and Seahunter
I hope to get the camper out for a weekend soon; we haven't camped much these past couple of years. Otherwise, nothing special. We haven't taken a real summer trip since the kids were mid-teens, but there's something in the works for August.

I do have a garden this year, if you can call it that. A few tomato plants, a little squash and zuccini, cucumbers, watermelons and some habaneros and jalapenos. I was late planting because of the wet weather, but hopefully it proves to be worth the time.

Grilling? Always!

Reactions: Debi
*sigh* My dad could drop a seed most anywhere and a few months later there would be a producing plant growing there. I didn't inherit that gene!
That normally is what happens for me....I just don't even do much and POOF! Plant!

Well, if all you have to do is go *POOF* it's kind of cheating. :D
Can't help it! lol I threw six tomato plants in a few weeks back and have done NOTHING to them. They're HUGE now. Gonna have to top them soon! Blooms all over and me tomatoes are coming on nice! :D

Reactions: surge
I'm a fall/winter person so my summers are spent hiding from allergies, the sun/heat and mosquitoes. :dizzy:

Summer nights are a great time to be nocturnal, though.
Have to agree with you there, Postergeist! I spend most of my spring/summer hiding from all the allergens! Spent about 10 years living in Florida....the summers there are like walking into a wall of super heated water. :eek: