Texting Angel

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Woman texts dead father's phone for 4 years gets response

A woman continued to text her father's phone after he passed gets response 4 years later

Chastity Patterson lost her father four years ago.

Even though he had passed, she continued to text her father's number with life updates and other messages.

The night before the anniversary of her father's death, Patterson did as she's done before and texted her dad. What made this time so different was that the man on the other end responded.

He said his name was Brad and that he has been receiving Patterson's messages the past four years.

What made the moment even more special is that the two were bonded in tragedy.

Brad lost his daughter in a car wreck in August 2014. He told Patterson that her messages "have kept [him] alive."

He told Patterson he had not reached out before because he didn't want to break her heart.

Brad then ended the message by saying he wished his little girl would have become the woman Patterson is, and that he is so proud of her.

Patterson shared the messages to Facebook, and the post was quickly shared by thousands.

She says this was her message and she can now leave him rest.

Reactions: 7Critter and Benway
I'm wondering if they re-use cell numbers like they do land line numbers.

I'm wondering if they re-use cell numbers like they do land line numbers.
They do and I'm pretty sure this is what happened in this case. But the fact this man was the one who got the number is really quite uplifting. He lost his daughter, she lost her dad. God works in mysterious ways to give us the support we need.

A touching story. The timing of the response is synchronistic too if the man didn’t know the date through her posts. God works all things tog for good. Life is amazing regardless of beliefs.