Texas open carry handguns

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/1...n-for-gun-rights-activists/?intcmp=latestnews

Austin – Texas is poised to become the largest state in the U.S. to allow citizens to openly carry handguns, a change long sought by gun-rights activists.

The Texas House of Representatives on Friday voted 96-35 to allow residents with concealed-handgun licenses to openly carry their guns in public in holsters. A similar open-carry measure passed the Texas Senate last month; the two open-carry bills must be squared before being sent to Republican Gov. Greg Abbott, who has indicated support for the idea.

In contrast to its reputation for being permissive on firearms, Texas is one of six states, including California, New York and Florida, that currently bars citizens from openly carrying handguns. People who want to carry handguns in public on their person must obtain concealed-weapons permits and keep the weapons hidden.

OK, people....how do you all feel about open carry of handguns?

Reactions: sal
SSSSSSSSSSwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get to go shopping so I can buy guns that match my clothes. Black and stainless for black jeans. brown and stainless for blue jeans. It is about time though. They let you have a gun in your auto because of the castle doctrine.

Reactions: Debi
SSSSSSSSSSwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get to go shopping so I can buy guns that match my clothes. Black and stainless for black jeans. brown and stainless for blue jeans. It is about time though. They let you have a gun in your auto because of the castle doctrine.
LOL!!! I knew I'd hear from you on this one, but I didn't know it was going to be about accessorizing and color matches! :rolleyes::p How about those holsters? Kinda like new shoes for women, aren't they? lol

Reactions: sal
Carry 'em if 'ya got 'em, I say. The bad guys already carry concealed, and illegally. I think open carry would be a great deterrent against the criminals. Besides, Sal wants to accessorize! :D

Reactions: sal and Debi
Carry 'em if 'ya got 'em, I say. The bad guys already carry concealed, and illegally. I think open carry would be a great deterrent against the criminals. Besides, Sal wants to accessorize! :D
Hey, you have to look sharp when you are carrying the artillery on the outside :)

Reactions: surge and Debi