Ted Bundy's haunted house

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Some spooky things are happening at serial killer Ted Bundy’s childhood home

Some spooky things are happening at serial killer Ted Bundy’s childhood home

Unexplainable things happened in the Tacoma house where serial killer Ted Bundy grew up.

So many things, in fact, that a contractor hired to remodel the home penciled Bible scriptures on the walls and brought in two pastors to bless the house.

“I’m not one to believe a lot of this stuff, but this house made me a believer,” said Casey Clopton, the contractor.

A cry for help appeared on a window as crew members worked in the basement. Heavy furniture wedged into a wall toppled over. Doors and cabinets seemed to open themselves.

It all started in September, when David Truong bought the 1,400-square-foot home with plans to redo and flip it.

He didn’t research its history, so he didn’t know the local lore or who had lived there.

The little blue house was built in 1946, the same year Bundy was born in Vermont. The Bundy family moved into the home in 1955, records show.

Louise Bundy was no longer living there in 1989, when her 42-year-old son was executed in Florida after being convicted of killing two sorority sisters and a 12-year-old girl.

Investigators linked him to at least 30 slayings, though they believe there were dozens more. His killing spree started in 1974 in Washington and continued for years across 11 states.

‘They were a really nice family’
Bundy was 9 when his family moved into the four-bedroom, 1 1/2-bathroom house. Neighbors recall him having a bedroom on the ground floor, though at least one record indicates his room was at the foot of the stairs in the basement.

He lived there with his mother, stepfather and four siblings.

“I don’t ever remember seeing Ted,” said Hope Murry, a neighbor who grew up a few houses down and later bought her childhood home.

She recalls playing with Bundy’s younger sisters and Louise Bundy babysitting her. Once, she went to their house but was told to stay out of Ted’s bedroom because he had the measles.

“They were a really nice family,” Murry said.

Open link for full story

I have my doubts about them being a really nice family. Usually there's a root to this abhorrent behavior. If he wasn't possessed he was a sociopath for sure. There could be victims there needing help to move on. Somebody should clear the property.

Hard to believe the buyers didn't know. I'm sure it's a well known site in the area. I'd think the seller would have to disclose that. If not it's grounds to break the deal.